Video Legend and Equinox

pretty interesting the legend and the Nox seem real similar to each other to me
Both detectors performed very well in that moderately mineralized New England dirt on deep targets.

They are very similar except for two things which are important to water hunters.
We know that the Equinox control pods have leaked and that 11" coil ears have broken when the coil was submerged, hit by waves or loaded with sand or mud.

Having used many Nokta Makro detectors, those Equinox problems will not be repeated on the Legend. Nokta Makro makes very sturdy detectors for the most part.

Also, the Legend and many of Nokta Makro's waterproof detectors have the handle vibration feature which lets the user know a target has been detected and to look at the screen. It works very well especially underwater and means that a water hunter doesn't have to always use waterproof headphones or try to hear the onboard speaker........the Equinox does not have that feature.

i have watched all the videos that is up so far and I will say I am pretty happy with what i am seeing so far vary similar machines from what I can tell although the testers are not saying or showing the bad so far so i guess it will be up to us that have pre ordered to give our thoughts once we have had a chance to give one a go

cant wait to get it delivered

Both detectors performed very well in that moderately mineralized New England dirt on deep targets.

They are very similar except for two things which are important to water hunters.
We know that the Equinox control pods have leaked and that 11" coil ears have broken when the coil was submerged, hit by waves or loaded with sand or mud.

Having used many Nokta Makro detectors, those Equinox problems will not be repeated on the Legend. Nokta Makro makes very sturdy detectors for the most part.

Also, the Legend and many of Nokta Makro's waterproof detectors have the handle vibration feature which lets the user know a target has been detected and to look at the screen. It works very well especially underwater and means that a water hunter doesn't have to always use waterproof headphones or try to hear the onboard speaker........the Equinox does not have that feature.

The water test would have been the first test I would have done if i had of been one of the testers what would it take to jump into a pool with one just to see if it drowned LOL

The visual ID looks compressed, those high conductors are hitting in the 50s. .. I’m assuming it don’t have 100 points of visual ID?

0 to 60 target ID range.

Thanks! I like the machine,what I see of it. Tones are informative,and I agree with you on the build of Makro,,everything from the red racer up has been quality built..I’m wondering how the ergo is? I’m not a big fan of the pistol grip, I prefer a S rod,but I can get along with a straight rod if the machine is good.. looks pretty darn good so far,time will tell...Thanks for posting the video

Thanks! I like the machine,what I see of it. Tones are informative,and I agree with you on the build of Makro,,everything from the red racer up has been quality built..I’m wondering how the ergo is? I’m not a big fan of the pistol grip, I prefer a S rod,but I can get along with a straight rod if the machine is good.. looks pretty darn good so far,time will tell...Thanks for posting the video

Pete I agree, I like what I see so far. And maybe not the spread of 0 to 99 its still a little wider than the Equinox. Tones are nice. I just may lay some ducketts down. Merry Christmas my friend. Mark

Last edited:
Pete I agree, I like what I see so far. And maybe not the spread of 0 to 99 its still a little wider than the Equinox. Tones are nice. I just may lay some ducketts down. Merry Christmas my friend. Mark

Merry Christmas to you too Mark. I'm gonna keep a real close eye on this machine,looks promising

All high conductors in the test bed, the Legend has sens maxed out and to my ears the tones sounded a bit broken over the targets vs the Nox which sounded much more sweet and assured on the target even running below max sens.
It's early days, but in that video there's nothing jumping out at me.
From the videos available D2 is making the rest look ordinary!

All high conductors in the test bed, the Legend has sens maxed out and to my ears the tones sounded a bit broken over the targets vs the Nox which sounded much more sweet and assured on the target even running below max sens.
It's early days, but in that video there's nothing jumping out at me.
From the videos available D2 is making the rest look ordinary!

Wrong.......

The 8" deep US Liberty Head V Nickel is a 5 gram coin with 75% copper and 25% nickel (if you could see the screen) that was correctly identified at 12/13 with accompanying medium low tone by the Equinox making it a low to mid conductor. The Legend also correctly identified it with its 21/22 target ID......0 to 60 target ID scale with the correct medium low tone.

That one test was very telling. Iffy Signal's ground is moderately mineralized. He has tested the Simplex and Deus 1 on the same test bed and V nickel target. Both detectors severely up averaged that target into the silver range or gave no target ID.
Up until now, the only detectors that could correctly ID the V nickel in his testing were the Equinox and Vanquish. Add the Legend to the list.

Both detectors were using default audio settings which created medium high/high tone break straddling for some of the high conductor targets and what might sound like tones breaking up, being split or which seemed indecisive.

The Legend identified all of those targets correctly as did the Equinox. The Legend being able to be maxed out sensitivity wise and not suffering from EMI interference in the meantime was impressive. I can rarely run my two Equinoxes at max sensitivity since EMI will be overwhelming.

I have yet to see a video showing the Deus 2 operating in moderate to high mineralization on low to mid conductor non-ferrous targets. There was one attempt on a high conductive target but the video maker later said he had not ground balanced his Deus 2 or checked the dirt for its actual mineralization level and admitted that setting up detectors (Deus 2 and Equinox 800) for hot dirt operation was something he had never done since he always hunts in mild soil conditions. Whether the Deus 2 was actually detecting the high conductive target or just reacting to the hot ground with out of ground balance audio reponses has not been answered yet.

Merry Christmas and hopefully Happy Holidays to all on this forum.

Last edited:
I think it's great these companies are coming out with new stuff, and although I might have been critical of the equinox at first I've grown to like the machine now.. I have a open mind on all new releases, and time will tell how they work for everyone who buys them

Back
Top Bottom