• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox owners what version of update are you using?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I have been on v 1.75 and now went back to v 1.50 just to compare it to v 1.75.

I have heard pro's and con's of each version.

What version are you currently running and why?

thanks for any input

V1.75 because newest=best, right?

In all seriousness, my nox800 originally came with v1.50 but i upgraded to v1.75 when it came out because of rumors of v1.5 not being able to find silver on edge. Never had any problems with either version and have found almost equal amounts of silver with each version.

and how do you find that ?

I went through an update routine from minelab and download/installed a file by this name: "Minelab Update Utility 1.1.1 (3 Dec 2018).exe".

it told me I was current and that was several months ago (like june).

if you tell me how to find that info without connecting my 800 to the computer, running that program, I would really be appreciative!

and as of NOW, minelab has the same file for download, running. connecting my 'nox and running the program feels like the internet just had it's way with my detector but shows I'm at 1.75 and i'm told "your detector is up to date".

I run this version cause I don't have the previous and it's what came with my detector. any update that comes out, i'll use and suspect I won't be able to downgrade.

how is downgrading done? did minelab have a previous version of the 'update utility' ?

I went through an update routine from minelab and download/installed a file by this name: "Minelab Update Utility 1.1.1 (3 Dec 2018).exe".

if you tell me how to find that info without connecting my 800 to the computer, running that program, I would really be appreciative!

and as of NOW, minelab has the same file for download, running. connecting my 'nox and running the program feels like the internet just had it's way with my detector but shows I'm at 1.75 and i'm told "your detector is up to date".

I run this version cause I don't have the previous and it's what came with my detector. any update that comes out, i'll use and suspect I won't be able to downgrade.

how is downgrading done? did minelab have a previous version of the 'update utility' ?

Here’s a video I did. Covers checking for latest available software and how to downgrade software version if one chooses.
Enjoy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1qK8Y8mw1A

I am on 1.50. I upgraded twice and rolled back after a few hunts. In my soil the 1.50 hits better on silver. Rumors has it that a new version is coming out in a couple weeks.

I am on 1.50. I upgraded twice and rolled back after a few hunts. In my soil the 1.50 hits better on silver. Rumors has it that a new version is coming out in a couple weeks.

I rolled back long ago. I seriously doubt a "worthy" update can happen. Even if it happens, it will most likely still have the 1.75 glitches.

Don't hold your breath

I rolled back long ago. I seriously doubt a "worthy" update can happen. Even if it happens, it will most likely still have the 1.75 glitches.

Don't hold your breath

What glitches are you referring to? The whole point of an update is to fix known issues so why would you assume a future update would have the "glitches" of v1.75?

As of now, the only way to know is to download to your PC the update utility. It will tell you if you are current. I will give you the option to roll back from 1.75 to 1.50.

I rolled back to 1.50 to see if it would correct pairing problems with Miccus SR-71 wireless ear phones. It did not fix the problem. But just decided for grins to stay on 1.50 for a while and see if it is better for me than v 1.75.

I heard that v 1. 50 will not find a stack of Morgan silver dollars in the ground. Well I will just have to forego all those stacks of Morgan silver dollars. I guess everyone with v 1.75 has found them all by now anyway.

as of 9/25 updated to 2.0.

Last edited:
I'm on 1.50. I hunted on on 1.75 for a month or so and then rolled back to 1.50. The 1.50 seems to hit better on silver and the VDI doesn't jump around as much as I had on 1.75. No noticeable difference on depth. I read somewhere that it's a good idea to do a factory reset before changing software and again immediately after the change. Don't really know if this does anything but I do it anyway.

What glitches are you referring to? The whole point of an update is to fix known issues so why would you assume a future update would have the "glitches" of v1.75?

Ver 1.75 made me dig wider holes due to the PP being off once a simple coin was over 4 inches deep.

Next, the high conductor VDI readings for a simple clad quarter or dime was skewed higher and bouncy, suggesting silver when it was not silver.

If ML were to give a new update, it only makes sense that they'd patch the last update of 1.75. It's just cost based since the work in writing code for 1.75 had done last.

I will accept Ver 1.5 for the better pinpoint, even at the scant possibility that a half dollar on perfect edge is sketchy and missed. IMO, I have learned just how to see larger coins on edge with 1.5. I actually found my third ever Franklin with ver 1.5 within two weeks of owning the Nox. I worked 1.75 many times and came to the same conclusion

Any brand new update needs to have a base off of the version 1.5, for the most part, unless ML addressed the VDI skew from version 1.75, and most certainly the screwy pinpoint at depth. Minimal digging.

At the very least...have modified update for both 1.5 and 1.75.

As of today Ver 2.0.1 set up as per NASA Tom recommendation.

No significant time on it yet, but some interesting extra settings for iron bias in what appears to be a completely new algorithm.

I have switch to the 2.0, and we'll have to see how it works. I have the Nox 600 and know that I will enjoy having multiple settings for my back light now.

Just upgraded to version 2.0; liking the backlight option for my 600.:yes:

Just did the upgrade smoothly to 2.1.12.

I haven’t been able to get out much of at all, remodeling house myself and all.

But looking forward to giving this a spin!

Does this update have any effect on false high tones caused by nails?

I find my NOX 800 annoyingly unstable compared to XP Deus when the ground is littered with all kinds of nails and fence wire pieces.

While deus has a blip and blop here and there while mostly iron grunting the NOX is usually chirping almost constantly, non repeatable false high tones.

I have upgraded to 2.0. Let's see how it performs. As for finding a stack of silver coins, I really don't expect it. I'll take them one at a time.

Does this update have any effect on false high tones caused by nails?

I find my NOX 800 annoyingly unstable compared to XP Deus when the ground is littered with all kinds of nails and fence wire pieces.

While deus has a blip and blop here and there while mostly iron grunting the NOX is usually chirping almost constantly, non repeatable false high tones.

I have noticed this too. Constantly digging out rusty nails from the sidewalls of the holes.

Back
Top Bottom