Recommendations/Tips for NOX 600

Robert JK

I have a pretty old park in town that is right next to a river. Every 4-5 years the river floods the park (to the tune of 4-5 feet of water for several weeks at a time). Prior to the 1930's, this park used to be home of the county fairgrounds.

I have detected this park several times over the years and have never found much by way of old coins or relics. I've recovered a wheatie or two, but that's about it. I do find copper Lincolns about 8-9 inches deep, which also leads toto believe old targets are deeper yet.

My question is two fold. First, would regular flooding of this park lead to items sinking deeper than a non flooding park? And does anyone have any tips that might help me recover these very deep targets.

I know they're there, I just can't seem to get to them.

Thanks!

... First, would regular flooding of this park lead to items sinking deeper than a non flooding park? And does anyone have any tips that might help me recover these very deep targets.

I know they're there, I just can't seem to get to them.

Yes, regular flooding will lead to items sinking deeper and/or sediment being deposited on top of them. Memorials 8-9" deep is probably good evidence that it's happened. You can focus on areas of erosion. Maybe the good stuff will not be as deep there. Also, keep your eyes peeled for construction or maintenance where dirt is being moved or exposed: sidewalk tear-outs, utility work, etc.

Back
Top Bottom