Finds bag question

SteveRoyer

Anyone ever use a waist drop leg bag like this one. If so how comfortable was it on a days dig, and any good recommendations?

Attachments

• 81FUyja1ubL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    81FUyja1ubL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 839
I use the Maxpedition Thermite Versipack. I love it. I still generally wear a back pack since I hike a lot to my search areas, so I carry water and snacks with me too. The leg bag is great and I have no issues. If I ever come across large or super heavy items I will toss them into the backpack. I keep my pin pointer attached with a magnetic lanyard to the belt and it has a good void for finds with several other pouches.

If you're not familiar with the brand, it's amazing. I own a lot of their gear. Some things are pricey, but they are solid quality.

https://www.maxpedition.com/products/thermite-versipack?variant=27913399633

Thank you for the info... I do have a few maxpidition bags for other carry purposes, lol. But I will look into what else they offer

Anyone ever use a waist drop leg bag like this one. If so how comfortable was it on a days dig, and any good recommendations?

Tried one very similar and hated it...Found it over complicated with none of the features I want for detecting...

Personally, if I lived in the States I would be looking at one of the purpose designed, high quality bags...

I would then put that bag on a mil surplus LC-2 belt and suspenders or a similar work belt/suspenders if you want to avoid looking too military....

I actually have the same exact one that you posted, and love it. I purchased this bag because of the multiple pockets. The very top sunglass pocket I use for Allen wrenches and spare parts for my carbon fiber shaft, the front small pocket I put my phone and keys in, then the other smaller pocket I put my finds in. The large pocket I put all of my trash. I chose this one because I can make sure I don't have anything in my pockets. although the leg strap is completely useless, I found that when I used the leg strap and bent over, it restricted my movement a lot. But it's a great bag to just hang off your side.

You could put crushed walnut hulls in one of the smaller pockets, where you'd put your coins, and it would clean your finds as you walk! 0f course they would just settle to the bottom....might still clean them some....lol.

I have one like what you posted. Only used it twice and I'm still figuring out how I want this setup.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom