Drawer Pull?

llib0432

Found this on old farmland that's gone back to forest. I originally thought it was a bracket of some sort but if you bend the left side back straight I think it's got to be a drawer pull. It's iron and looks to be handmade.

Attachments

• IMG_4827.jpg
    IMG_4827.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4828.jpg
    IMG_4828.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Yeah...I'm certainly no expert, but I agree on your guess. If it was straightened out, it's a drawer pull or maybe even the door handle for some small door on an 'out building'....possibly a shed, or maybe even the out house!! It's just fun to guess....

I’m trying to wrap my head around how this would be a hacksaw. Would this piece be just the handle with out any wood overlay and without the blade? Any examples you could share? I will tell you that I did find. Saw file in the same general area on a different trip which would seem to make sense. Thanks!

Well, i can't take a picture right now, but imagine a mirror image of that piece. The piece toward your thumb would connect to another piece almost like the one in your hand. When joined together they would hold a blade. That piece toward your middle finger with the holes is what would hold the blade and the handle would be attached in that area.

Not saying for sure it is a saw but it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom