Day three of jewelry: gold & diamond ring

602punch

Really hoping this one is real. In case you haven't been following along. Found a park that isn't a park. Kinda hard to explain. But they have soccer matches every weekend and lots of homeless people living there and it's a block from my house.

Originally went because it had rows of old houses from the 1940's and on google maps it was an empty lot. Guess the city turned it into a water overflow park.

Sunday I found these, all firsts for me and all surface finds in 3" thick grass:
unygepyq.jpg

Then yesterday what I'm guessing is my first silver in a 1 hour hunt:
3u8u6e5u.jpg

And then today after work another 1 hour at the same park about 2" down:
uja8erub.jpg

As close as I can get with my macro, think it says 18k but I need new glasses and no magnifying glass:
8unapu4a.jpg

I'm still a noob in my infancy, even if all this tests out as junk, I'm flipping ecstatic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tested ring with magnet. Won't stick. That's a good sign. Didn't think I would need a metal testing kit this quick but I guess I gotta get one now.

You are getting close! :D You are finding a good amount of jewelry, keep hitting that spot there is bound to be some gold and silver there!

The more rings you find, the more you'll be able to tell if they are solid gold or not just by looking... you won't even need the stamp. I can tell the ring is plated by the picture, and same with the earring. It's still fun to find jewelry though!

yea looking at the picture it looks like is says 18k HGE which is hidroplated but still a nice find id love to be finding jelwry like that.

The more rings you find, the more you'll be able to tell if they are solid gold or not just by looking... you won't even need the stamp. I can tell the ring is plated by the picture, and same with the earring. It's still fun to find jewelry though!

Yeah I'm quickly realizing that I'll learn a lot more about jewelry then I ever cared to know in the past. Is their a site somewhere that goes over this general rule stuff so I don't continue to embarrass myself with junk finds on here?

I appreciate all the help and comments and thankfully nobody calling me out for posting junk. I'm really trying to get better, but the excitement got the better of me. HH

Really hoping this one is real. In case you haven't been following along. Found a park that isn't a park. Kinda hard to explain. But they have soccer matches every weekend and lots of homeless people living there and it's a block from my house.

Originally went because it had rows of old houses from the 1940's and on google maps it was an empty lot. Guess the city turned it into a water overflow park.

Sunday I found these, all firsts for me and all surface finds in 3" thick grass:
unygepyq.jpg

Then yesterday what I'm guessing is my first silver in a 1 hour hunt:
3u8u6e5u.jpg

And then today after work another 1 hour at the same park about 2" down:
uja8erub.jpg

As close as I can get with my macro, think it says 18k but I need new glasses and no magnifying glass:
8unapu4a.jpg

I'm still a noob in my infancy, even if all this tests out as junk, I'm flipping ecstatic!!

Great Sharing of peaces,, and I hope all would be of 18k,,and Congo,, Man!!
Hope I'll get to hear some more details on it,,
Surf Skate & Streetwear
http://saltyliquid.com.au

Yeah I'm quickly realizing that I'll learn a lot more about jewelry then I ever cared to know in the past. Is their a site somewhere that goes over this general rule stuff so I don't continue to embarrass myself with junk finds on here?

I appreciate all the help and comments and thankfully nobody calling me out for posting junk. I'm really trying to get better, but the excitement got the better of me. HH

The easiest way to tell solid gold, is it will be gold colored throughout. If you see any spots where the gold is flaking off with a different color metal underneath, it's plated.

Back
Top Bottom