"Really Ancient Finds Bronze Age and Roman!"

Battlecry4

Forum Supporter
I know that in the U.S.A. you only can dream about finding really old finds; here are a few of mine.
The smallest axe is a flat axe of 2000 B.C.
The two fragments are palstave axes 1500 B.C.-1000 B.C.
The largest axe is a socketed looped axe 1000 B.C.-700 B.C. When found this had the remnants of the wooden handle inside the socket!
There are five Roman brooches or fibula. The most interesting is the umbonate brooch that is the one with the blue and orange enamel inlays, this is quite rare!
Photo attachments to follow in the twinkling of an eye!!:cheers3: Honestly!, as I am no techno wizard, Carol has promised to post attachments for me. Please have patience!

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0004 (640x478).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice finds...there isn't much metal here that old but I've found a few arrow heads that go way back. Id love to get over to europe to detect though...would be a dream!

We have some copper culture finds that were made about the same time they were building the pyramids but you guys on the other side of the pond have some good stuff lol

Great finds. We can't find anything that old, but we really like to see them. Thanks for posting.

What marvelous fines... awesome! Wickedly awesome... :wow2:

I've been thing on my old home lately, and now your finds are really making me miss my "very old" village Meysey Hampton... :tissue:

Congratulation ... I'm so envious!

Best Wishes,
Silver Hawk

Thanks for not rubbing our noses in it :lol: Wonderful finds!
Occasionally you may see someone stumble upon an ancient copper spear tip or arrowhead dating 5,000 years or even older, but it is very uncommon. The one's I have seen were turned in to universities on the finder's honor.

We don't all find old stuff over here my oldest coin is 1870, ah well we can dream and hope.

Dreams often turn into reality! It's about patience and perseverance, and of course having some good land! Do you detect solo or in a club? If you are unable to find good land by yourself a club would be an option? There must be one near to Wigan? I'm sure your day will come!! Good luck!:thumbsup:

Awesome finds!

I saw a Show the other day saying (what we already know) that Columbus wasn't the first to step foot in america, That the Chinese and Vikings were exploring long before. There is also Ancient North American Pyramid remains that have dated way way back.

We also forget that Native american Indians were here too :P

I think There is still a lot of ancient discoveries to be found in the US. Get looking!

Back
Top Bottom