**cap bust h/d!!..lots of goodies!!**

Nooberz

Oh man. What a "cap" to one of my best weeks ever!! I got out to the field where I snagged the seated half dime and LC yesterday and really hit it hard. I got a Beautiful 1832 LC and a eagle button first. Then i got the best button ever for me an Infantry Eagle Button with a lot of gilt still on it!!!! Then the icing on the cake was another first for me, an 1835 Cap Bust Half Dime. That puts me at 15 Silvers and 8 Coppers for 2012. What a week!

Attachments

• DSC_02161.jpg
    DSC_02161.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,340
  • DSC_02531.jpg
    DSC_02531.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,348
  • DSC_02741.jpg
    DSC_02741.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,343
  • DSC_03091.jpg
    DSC_03091.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,353
  • DSC_02871.jpg
    DSC_02871.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,348
  • DSC_02811.jpg
    DSC_02811.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,356
AWESOME finds, capped busts are pretty rare finds, and that largie is in amazing condition....great job!

Wow...congrats....even just one of those finds would have been amazing!

That LC is in silly-good condition!!

the coin

I think everyone is referring to how shiny and wet the coin looks. Did you use olive oil to get the dirt off, or just a rinse in water?:?:

Great finds, Btw! Looks like a great day out!

I think everyone is referring to how shiny and wet the coin looks. Did you use olive oil to get the dirt off, or just a rinse in water?:?:

Great finds, Btw! Looks like a great day out!

That's what I what I figured. I cleaned the mud off with a toothbrush and got the rest with a toothpick. You are correct, I used olive oil to bring the details out in the picture then I wiped it off. Thanks for the kudos! :grin:

Nice finds, will you be posting all your hunts in eye popping mind blowing forum?

3/4 of my finds don't even get posted on this website, which would go in the regular finds board.

In hindsight I wouldn't have posted the 2 topics from last week on these boards if I knew I would find stuff like this, this week. Finds like this in Ohio are hard to come by. We are not spoiled like you east coasters with 400 years of history.

Holy smokes what a hunt! That might be the best looking dug LC I've ever seen. Congrats on the cap bust too. Great job.

Back
Top Bottom