Help ID'ing Colonial-era copper

cor3y7

Hello. Can anyone help ID this coin? It was recovered from a pre-Colonial to Colonial era site. Approximately the size of a nickel (perhaps a bit smaller). The reverse is worn smooth.

It looks fairly similar to this coin--https://www.etsy.com/listing/1054383738/super-george-1st-1722-half-penny--but the outline doesn't match exactly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mo4aII5.jpg

Someone needs to ID this coin! Driving me nuts. I don't think it's a KGI Irish halfpenny. The neck doesn't look right to me...

Someone needs to ID this coin! Driving me nuts. I don't think it's a KGI Irish halfpenny. The neck doesn't look right to me...

If you add a bunch of wear to the stock photo it looks like it. What do you see that's standing out?

The neck is too pointed on the one in your photo and the right side of the neck curves in, while the OP's isn't pointed and the right side of the neck curves outward. When I say the right side, it's actually the left side of the coin. Just my take on it.

It could just be a bad contemporary counterfeit or maybe a token from that era...

Back of the hair isn't a match to the photo. No indent where the ribbon is.

Back
Top Bottom