Some recent cool finds.....bunch of older shiny

Tundra, those are the best v nickels I've ever seen! Congrats on those and the silver coins! I like the intricate design of your gold ring also.[emoji106]
Thanks addict! I usually have really good results with nickels up here.....unless they're out in a farmed field. They come out really cruddy from fields from all the chemicals I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Great looking collection of oldies there.

Also, just looking your 2022 totals, 4 half dollars out of your 33 silver coins !!!! That is quite remarkable. I was a bit worried I wasn't gonna get one this year, but I finally just scored my 1st a few weeks ago.

Grats on the goodies. Keep up the good work.

BTW, was gonna ask ya if you feel like your CTX battery pack is still as affective as it was when new??
Thanks bobac! Out of the 10 coins I dug in a tiny little ghost town called Lostwood, ND, 3 of them were half dollars! A Barber, a Walker and a Franklin. With my CTX it seems like the battery is keeping up just as well as when I first got it. I haven't had as much free time this summer to use it as much as I'd like but I gotta work I guess. They won't quit sending bills in the mail!

Not only jealous of the finds, but jealous of your dirt. Don't see old nickels and wheaties come out like that around here.

In any case, awesome finds! Congrats.
Thanks Randy! We don't get as old of finds as the rest of the country but that black dirt makes the finds really worth while. From time to time I even dig up wheaties that still have a bit of red mint luster on them! The only time I ever find really crusty, cruddy coins is when I go with my buddy up near Canada to a ghost town that is half farm fields now. Those chemicals are really rough on them.

Thats a nice consistent diet of older finds there; nothing to sneeze at. That baggage check is pretty cool, you dont see a lot of them
I try to only detect older areas that produce the old stuff.....can't stand digging clad but it happens from time to time.

Dang nice hunting Tundra! Good to see your post! Love that RR tag, nice old silvers and as Soil Surgeon stated, very nice wedding ring :)

Dang nice hunting Tundra! Good to see your post! Love that RR tag, nice old silvers and as Soil Surgeon stated, very nice wedding ring :)
Thanks GS! With work I've been a bit too busy to get in much detecting but I've found a few older goodies in the few times I've been out. It was good to have some stuff worthy of a post.....been a while! Thanks about the ring as well! I love gold and I didn't want just a normal band. This one really stood out! And if I drop it on something solid it shouldn't break like the last two tungsten rings I had did.

Very nice older finds! I recall how nice your Indian Head cents come out in No.Dak. I had a chance to do a bit of detecting in Eastern So. Dak. and the one Indian Head Cent found came out really nice too.

Very nice older finds! I recall how nice your Indian Head cents come out in No.Dak. I had a chance to do a bit of detecting in Eastern So. Dak. and the one Indian Head Cent found came out really nice too.
Thanks LtS! I really have good luck with the indianheads....the black dirt is real kind to them up here. I'm glad you could find one of those beauties too! I'm sure Eastern SD has real nice black dirt as well. The only time I've really seen them come out really cruddy is from a farm field. The chemicals really do a number on them!

Back
Top Bottom