2 Morgans Highlight a 9 Silver Hunt.

Truly amazing Jack ! I found one back two seasons ago but to find two the same day how cool....Looks like it was a great hunt for you overall...Keep up the great work. Im sure theres probably more silvers there. Continued success to you....HH !!

Ah hahaha!! Jack, what an amazing hunt!! Also an amazing site with a ton of potential. And it panned out tenfold! Congratulations. You most certainly have put in the time and hard work to earn such a stellar hunt. Very well done. Hope you have the chance to continue your detecting there. Continued good luck!
Thank you Swheddy, the site or sites have been simply amazing. Between the 3, I have harvested these two Morgans, the Half Dime, 3 Large Cents and my Two Seated Quarters Also the Barber trio Half, Quarter and Dime. Along with Indians and Wheat's and several Dime trifectas They have been dream properties for me.
Don't Get Better Than That
Appreciate your reply Stinger.
Yeah I'd say it qualifies lol..wow thats freakin awesome..huge congrats!
Thank you Joe. I'm still walking on air.
AWESOME! Good going!
Your comment Metal is greatly appreciated. Jack

Jack,
The more I look at your pile of loot, the more I drool.
You sir, have my vote for Wisconsin hall of fame detectorist!!!
If you do sell him your AT PRO, you better modify it first, if you know what I mean...
Thanks Matt. My fame of which there should be little has come from a lot of help from individuals and members of this forum. Without the skills of many here I would have not advance my skills. For that I am truly thankful.
Ha ha , I just returned to make sure I was not dreaming just reading your post much less finding the stuff , then what I thaught were barbers in my first dream ( That was mind blowing by the way). Have now turned into a pair of Morgan's !
Mind blowing ? My head just blew off!
Jack , I wouldn't leave the house . I would just sit there and play with them all day ! That's so awsum ! , Dew.
Again thank you for the extremely kind remarks Dew. I have not been out since but hope to before the end of the week.
Just amazing. I can't believe how big those dollar coins are. I've never had a chance to put my cool over one but it must sound loud like a can.
I hope you do get the opportunity Jim. I'm walking in a haze and keep picking them up a looking at them. Your reply is greatly appreciated.
Just a fantastic hunt! Dreams really do come true huh? Keep em coming! We like looking at them!:laughing:
Yes Jason they sometimes do. When Schweddy pulled his a couple weeks back I was very happy for him. They are coins that I never really thought I'd ever dig. You hope for them but are never expected. Jack

What's to say that has not been said.

That is just INSANE!!!!

I would've had a heart attack finding 1 morgan. That's gonna be a tough one to top!

O M G!
Double Morgan's..... Plus a bunch more.
Amazing, beyond amazing hunt. Congrats!!!!
Sweeper I wish these two coins could tell me their history. I do know they amaze me.
Aside from being jealous :D This post gives me hope that there are still good locations left...
A huge congrats on some great finds.:cool:
Thank you Necter,There are a few really great locations out there. Doing the research and the leg work will open a some doors to get them and some really nice treasures.
Sorry Jack,
I am just going to keep commenting until it gets old.
I may even take over the thread and pretend its mine:lol:
Two Morgans, are you kidding me?????
I'll share the thread with you Matt but I'm keeping the coins.:yes:
Amazing hunt Jack! That's a lot of silver! I'm sure you will be back to that site as soon as you get the chance... HH
Thanks Jeff, I will do my best to be back there this coming few days. Jack

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Congratulations. I'm jealous. Did you dig the Dollar coins in a row? I am glad for you. I can't think of anyone on this sight who is more deserving. Yep, you've got to go back and find that gold coin that's waiting for you to rescue it. I suppose where the Silver Dollars were it has not been plowed? I love hunting under trees and around roots. Congratulations again, you are a lucky man.
HH everyone
First thank you for the kind words. The Morgans I believe were lost by the same person as they were within 8 inches of each other and both about 4 inches down. They were actually out of the field in the small woods that abuts the field. About 4 to 5 feet from the field under the largest tree at that edge. My plans are to go back and talk with the land owner tomorrow and hope to set up another go.
What kinda soil you got there? Those coppers look great or do you have some sort of special cleaning technique
Appreciate your reply Toasted. Most of the soil in this area dark black loam. The only cleaning the Wheat's had and for that matter all the rest was water and a little dawn dish soap.
wow what a cool story and the finds are just as good as it gets man :wow: stoked for you man :D Congrats :yes:
Thanks Romy, I have been very blessed with the luck on these permission and the finds from them.
Amazing hunt jack.
Im just in awe .
You are definitely having a great year .
Congratulations them are some beautiful coins.
Appreciate you kind comment Copper's. It has been a very amazing year indeed. I have had very few unproductive hunts and the rest have provided some very interesting and amazing items. Jack

A stellar find Jack, When you called and said you found something you had never found before, I had to scratch my head as you've found almost everything already...(except a V nickel lol).

I never expected you to tell me you found a Morgan, but hearing you found 2 in the same hunt was just insane. Congrats on a hunt for the record books. Certainly the highlight of your year and you have had so many amazing hunts so that's saying something.

You gotta get back there and find the third one. :) Good luck, and a huge congrats on a truly mind blowing/eye popping find.

That's all? .....
That's an o.k day I guess...........
:jawdrop:
You have a way with words Bob, thank you.
Wow, those morgans are nice, maybe I'll find one someday
Appreciate your comments Demyansk, I hope you to can experience digging a Morgan.
Wow! Awesome job!
Thank you GKman, your comments mean a lot.
Truly amazing Jack ! I found one back two seasons ago but to find two the same day how cool....Looks like it was a great hunt for you overall...Keep up the great work. Im sure theres probably more silvers there. Continued success to you....HH !!
Appreciate your comments Andy. I agree I also think there is more there. Jack

All that and 2 Morgan's??!!!
You two are like gods!
I don't think I'm a god Digger, Just a very blessed man by the God.
What's to say that has not been said.
That is just INSANE!!!! I would've had a heart attack finding 1 morgan. That's gonna be a tough one to top!
Kind words George, thank you. My reaction was load and with some words we are not allowed to print.
Great Hunt Jack !! 2 Morgan day is just awesome !!! I would definitely settle for one.
Thanks Pescadore, I guess I would have been happy with just one but I am not going to put either one back.
You should go back. There might be mor! -gans.
Well Will, it is my plan to go back but it is not my property so its in the land owners hands. I will try to persuade him though.
A stellar find Jack, When you called and said you found something you had never found before, I had to scratch my head as you've found almost everything already...(except a V nickel lol). I never expected you to tell me you found a Morgan, but hearing you found 2 in the same hunt was just insane. Congrats on a hunt for the record books. Certainly the highlight of your year and you have had so many amazing hunts so that's saying something.
You gotta get back there and find the third one. :) Good luck, and a huge congrats on a truly mind blowing/eye popping find.
I truly appreciate your comments "Game". This year has been filled with some super finds and great times with friends. This hunt will stand out for a long while I'm sure. Now a must is to dig my first V. Jack

Everything you found there was fantastic, but TWO Morgans!! I just wonder about what the person who lost them over a hundred years ago thought about loosing 2 dollars at one time. Quite a large sum to be carrying around in coins at that time and loose. I hope you get back there, maybe you will find the triplet!

Back
Top Bottom