1920 S Wheat

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Hit the fair grounds for a little while today, didn't find a whole lot but found a 1920 S wheat cent! It was down about 5 inches. for being as old as it is, it's in killer condition! I have it cleaning up right now, not in the tumbler, just something to get the dirt off without ruining it. I'll post pics here in a little while, This is the oldest coin we have found yet!

found a 1920 S wheat cent! It was down about 5 inches. for being as old as it is, it's in killer condition!

Thats the great thing about our soil, pennies come out in neat condition. I like them with a little dirt still on to highlite the date etc.

Congrats on the wheat cent! :clapping: I'm looking forward to those pics!

Congrats on the wheat. What are you using to clean it? I've had no luck cleaning wheaties...

Congrats on the wheat. What are you using to clean it? I've had no luck cleaning wheaties...

Hot water, dash of dish soap and a stiff tooth brush. They never come out looking brand new but you can at least see the details a lot better. They dont come out to beat up around here. Most the time they turn red in our soil. But never to beat up...

Back
Top Bottom