• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal detecting near Fredricksburg VA

Huskers

Hi I just got into metal detecting. I am a jet pilot for my job and I fly all over the country. I decided to start taking my metal detector on the plane with me. I am in fredricksburg for a couple days. Does anyone have any places to go around here? Or know anyone? Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Neat, being a pilot you should get to detect a much wider variety of locations than the average detectorist !

Not familiar with that area so can't offer specific locations, local parks should be okay as long as there are not any "no metal detecting" signs.

Not a pilot, but did use to work on the electronics of the Navy F4 Phantoms back in the early 1970's, I can only imagine how the avionics tech has advanced since then.

Gary mds5.gif

I’m sure it’s a lot different these days! And yes it seems to be difficult to find new places all the time ha! Thanks for the help I’ll actually be in South Carolina today!

I’m sure it’s a lot different these days! And yes it seems to be difficult to find new places all the time ha! Thanks for the help I’ll actually be in South Carolina today!

If you get close to any beaches you can try beach detecting, none close to me so I have no experience with beach detecting, just be sure your detector is a model that can handle getting wet just in case.

Also, in other areas be careful not to detect on any officially historical sites as they usually are off limited to detecting.

If you get close to any beaches you can try beach detecting, none close to me so I have no experience with beach detecting, just be sure your detector is a model that can handle getting wet just in case.

Also, in other areas be careful not to detect on any officially historical sites as they usually are off limited to detecting.

Thanks for the update! I’ve done some beach hunting and its pretty fun! I was given a ctx3030 from my dad don’t know much about it. Seems like a great machine though.

Thanks for the update! I’ve done some beach hunting and its pretty fun! I was given a ctx3030 from my dad don’t know much about it. Seems like a great machine though.

Not personally familiar with the ctx3030 but I've read other members comment on that model.

I just did a forum search on the 3030 and found this thread, please note it is an old thread but seems to be pretty informative on the ctx3030 -

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=232217&highlight=CTX+3030

Back
Top Bottom