ATP Goes Wireless!

Diggum

Elite Member
Heading home from the SHOT Show, today. I dropped by the Garrett both and learned that they finally have a wireless land option for the ATP. I haven't seen a thread on this. Am I the first to post it? ;)

I put a quick video up on YouTube, under Diggum Detecting. Can't link it from my phone...

Hi,
I've heard about this, it's called the Z-Lynk Wireless system... correct? It's on the Garrett Detector website and says it's coming soon. Did you get a date of when they'll be available to buy. I know I want one. :yes:
Thanks!

The rep said they were in production, now, so it should be any time in the next few weeks.

The rep said they were in production, now, so it should be any time in the next few weeks.

There's a ton of info on the Z-Lynk all the way back from Oct/Nov of last year. Search "Z-Lynk" top right and it will pull up multiple threads with tons of info/details on the product. Many have pre-ordered and some have recieved already.

Heading home from the SHOT Show, today. I dropped by the Garrett both and learned that they finally have a wireless land option for the ATP. I haven't seen a thread on this. Am I the first to post it? ;)

I put a quick video up on YouTube, under Diggum Detecting. Can't link it from my phone...

Nope, you are not the first to post. There have been several posts and much discussion concerning the new Garrett Z-Lynk wireless system, over the past month or so. Even the price, which will be around $127 - $128 (MAP), and some dealers are actually taking pre-orders. Possibly you missed it ? :yes:

It will usable on any detector.

Anyone know the technology used with this system since it's not Bluetooth?

I think that is the big secret right now, at least until it releases and someone disects it. It sounds like some high speed RF though with the pairing and channel hopping.

Minelab is working on one called the "Pro-Sonic", let the rumors fly!!!

I think that is the big secret right now, at least until it releases and someone disects it. It sounds like some high speed RF though with the pairing and channel hopping.

Minelab is working on one called the "Pro-Sonic", let the rumors fly!!!

Just wondering if it was Kleer, I do have a set of those, and I cannot detect any lag. The lag time per manufacturer is extremely minute. I think I will hold out until I hear what they are using

Its just another piconet technology on 2.4Ghz spectrum like blutooth, kleer, deteknix, deus, ctx, v3i, etc. If you want super technical info look up the FCC filing on them. Obviously they have different spins on the same basic frequency hopping method. I should have confirmed availability date this week. Once I do I will takes orders vs holding ones money the past 2-3 months.

All things equal, the garretts seem to have double the battery life as the others.

Back
Top Bottom