Im screwed lost my pinpointer

gscott12250

Elite Member
I went out last night in the dark to a 500 acre field in the dark. And only dug three targets in an hour. I found my fourth target and went for my pinpointer and nothing🙁😭. My holster broke a few days ago and I was just throwing it in my pouch. My pouch is ripped on one side and I must have fallen out between holes. Of course I did a good job with my plugs so today I went back and can't even tell where I was. It sucks. I'm beyond pissed off.

Greg

I went out last night in the dark to a 500 acre field in the dark. And only dug three targets in an hour. I found my fourth target and went for my pinpointer and nothing🙁😭. My holster broke a few days ago and I was just throwing it in my pouch. My pouch is ripped on one side and I must have fallen out between holes. Of course I did a good job with my plugs so today I went back and can't even tell where I was. It sucks. I'm beyond pissed off.

Greg

Happened to me hunting in a big park.
Didn't realize I lost it until I got home, that night I was just sick with worry.
Went back early the next morning and found it...couldn't have been more happy.

Hunting in woods in fall in thick layers of leaves I dropped it a few times also, real lucky I found it again every time.

Those lanyard and coiled connectors they are adding to these things nowadays aren't just a gimmick...they are a great idea to prevent this kind of thing.

Go back and look again, you might get lucky like I did.

Greg

I thought I lost mine early last year. Bought a new one and then found the old one the next day in the yard where I thought it might be. GL, you'll find it.

Go back over those 4 areas with your detector. There is enough metal in a pinpointer to make it give up its hiding place.

Occams Razor Buddy!...You actually dont need no Pinpointer to hunt..You REALLY dont need one...Its amazing what you can do with just your main rig and a basic extraction device..you just gotta try it to see...No big deal at all to hunt very much bigly without a handheld Pinpointer...

In fact, you may find you are a hell of a lot faster and more productive...Success in this Sport has a lot to do with Time Management, targets pulled/hr.....Occams Razor..you dont need to diddle around fishing with a handheld PP in a pile of dirt for a signal when a simple sweep of your hand will uncover the target...Just saying..plenty of us hunt without one just fine...

This could be your opportunity to lighten up on the gear and still pull pay...Thats good right?
Mud

Yep, keep looking. Don't give up with just one search, especially if you think this is an area that is not too heavily traveled. Also, are there a lot of leaves on the ground to hide the pointer? If not, you will surely be able to find it. Just keep looking.
Might be a good time to get yourself a backup, though. Then you'll surely find it....:yes:

Occams Razor Buddy!...You actually dont need no Pinpointer to hunt..You REALLY dont need one...Its amazing what you can do with just your main rig and a basic extraction device..you just gotta try it to see...No big deal at all to hunt very much bigly without a handheld Pinpointer...

In fact, you may find you are a hell of a lot faster and more productive...Success in this Sport has a lot to do with Time Management, targets pulled/hr.....Occams Razor..you dont need to diddle around fishing with a handheld PP in a pile of dirt for a signal when a simple sweep of your hand will uncover the target...Just saying..plenty of us hunt without one just fine...

This could be your opportunity to lighten up on the gear and still pull pay...Thats good right?
Mud
But... But... But... With my pinpointer, brass probe and screwdriver, I don't have to take the time to dig a hole and sift through dirt ;)

But... But... But... With my pinpointer, brass probe and screwdriver, I don't have to take the time to dig a hole and sift through dirt ;)

Take most mud opinions with a grain of salt.
He is a Luddite at heart, has GB features on his detectors but never uses them and this is his cellphone.

Attachments

• 140204949.4sCw5pqD.rotarydialcellphone.jpg
    140204949.4sCw5pqD.rotarydialcellphone.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 324
Greg, You know where your last hole was and you must of had it on the third dig so check the areas from the last hole leading back in the general direction of where you might think the third hole was made.

That's why I have mine mounted on the shaft of my T2. That does not guarantee anything but it is either on the shaft of my T2 or in my hand.

Mud
No I understand it is not necessary. The point is that I lost something that I payed money for and got used to having for the last thousand hours of metal detecting. I'm a creature of habit and routine. I might as well have just thrown $130.00 right out the window. I do see your point though.

Greg

As soon as I bought my carrot I ordered one of these (two, actually and it was $9.97 for the pair when I ordered it). When coiled up it's about 4" with the 4" leads and clasps. Stretches out to something like 5½' so I can reach anywhere with it and still have my pinpointer securely tethered to my pouch. Comes in a multitude of colors, but why buy anything but green?

Amazon Fishing Tool Lanyard

Back
Top Bottom