New Beginnings...

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
Hey all. It has been about 6-7 months since I have been on here. Been going through some rough times. In September I caught my wife cheating on me and she wanted a divorce. The first few weeks were rough but now I am happier than ever. During my first couple months of dating lets just say I felt like a 17 year old all over again. LOL. I have since moved out on my own to a town about 15 minutes south of where I was. Now I have the freedom to do what I want when I want. I still get to see my step kids from time to time which is nice. I also got myself a kitten to keep me company. Little bugger takes some mean and stinky poops that's for sure...

I finally got out for a couple ours on MLK day. I went to a local school I had been to before and dug a Rosie and some sterling. I was there for about 30 minutes and had nothing but a few surface quarters to show for it when a girl probably around 8-10 years old asked if I was there the day before. I told her no. She kept asking questions and watched me dig all my targets. First decent target was a 38 wheat. From there on out I slowed down my swing. This place has been pounded over the years. First good target was a choppy high tone around 8" down. On the bottom of a clump of dirt I saw "one dime". Sure enough it was a 1911 Barber dime. Nice!. Didn't expect a Barber from here. Dug a few more wheats and on my last hole it was another choppy but high tone also around the same depth. Turned out to be a 1929 Merc. Been so long since I saw the glimmer of silver in the hole. Also dug an 1875 Indian a week before that on a very short field hunt. Video is below. Please check it out. Thanks for looking all and HH!!!

Video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3xfUCj-JVM

Attachments

• IMG_5273.JPG
    IMG_5273.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_5274.JPG
    IMG_5274.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_5272.jpg
    IMG_5272.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_5275.JPG
    IMG_5275.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_5276.JPG
    IMG_5276.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_5277.JPG
    IMG_5277.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_5278.jpg
    IMG_5278.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_5203.JPG
    IMG_5203.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 394
Glad you can still find silver in public areas in central Delaware. My few trips over there have been pathetic.

Glad your back and a great hunt, congrats on the finds and starting a new life sir!

Glad to see you're back at it! Congrats on the silvers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that news buddy but glad to see you back on here and doing some digging. When my wife and I separated about 4 years ago metal detecting was the best therapy.

Congrats on the finds and the barber.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Finding that inner peace and happiness is essential. Unearthing some silver definitely helps with that...onwards and upwards brother! HH!

Welcome back. Everything seems to work out in the end I have family that lives in Smyrna. Maybe we can finally meet up and have a hunt.

Back
Top Bottom