coil question for xterra 705

oldkoot

Elite Member
new to site so I am sure the answer to my question is here some where

the area I detect is my own property in north eastern Arizona
I have 40 acres that I detect on anyway my question is this I have the x-terra 705 with three different coils the 5x10, 18.something khz, a i think 9 inch coil which is 7. something khz and a small 5 or 6 inch coil which is I believe 18. something khz i also have the Garrett at pro with the stock coil

I am hunting for gold nuggets on my property my question is this is there a better coil brand i should look at to better accomplish what I am doing

all the coils I have for the X terra are the mine lab coils the black ones will the coil tech coils go any deeper or do I need to be looking at a different detector to accomplish what I am trying to do

thanks for any and all help

new to site so I am sure the answer to my question is here some where

the area I detect is my own property in north eastern Arizona
I have 40 acres that I detect on anyway my question is this I have the x-terra 705 with three different coils the 5x10, 18.something khz, a i think 9 inch coil which is 7. something khz and a small 5 or 6 inch coil which is I believe 18. something khz i also have the Garrett at pro with the stock coil

I am hunting for gold nuggets on my property my question is this is there a better coil brand i should look at to better accomplish what I am doing

all the coils I have for the X terra are the mine lab coils the black ones will the coil tech coils go any deeper or do I need to be looking at a different detector to accomplish what I am trying to do

thanks for any and all help

I like the xterra,it is a nice machine.I never was impressed with the high frequency coils though,I felt the at pro hit harder on gold than the xterra with a higher frequency coil.
If I were looking for nuggets,I think I'd trade one of the two machines you have for a fisher gold bug,or a g2,possibly a at gold.
Like I said,I was never impressed with the xterra high frequency coils,although I do like the xterra.I tested some tiny gold jewelry and the xterra didn't do well,as the at pro screamed..And this was done in prospect mode on xterra.

Hi worth a look at Mars coils they now do coils working on two different frequency's at the same time hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom