TC Metal Detectors

daddyflea

I ordered a Sunray finds bag from this company and can find nothing good about the company. I don't think Sunray makes these bags anymore. Did I mess up?

I ordered a Sunray finds bag from this company and can find nothing good about the company. I don't think Sunray makes these bags anymore. Did I mess up?

Searches online showed at least one mention of good experiences dealing with this company, many more were all like this.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/175143-word-caution-about-t-c-metal-detectors.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/vendor-reviews/339148-tc-metal-detectors.html

No communication, slow if not non existent shipping of products seems to be normal for this business and has been for years.
If you do manage to talk to him excuses seem to be common.
I believe he used to be a sponsor here but was kicked out for this exact behavior.

So the answer is yes, you probably screwed up.
Hopefully you paid by credit card so cancel the order and look elsewhere.

Or continue to wait...and hope.

You'd have done much better giving your business to one of our current sponsors.

You'd have done much better giving your business to one of our current sponsors.

I agree but I wanted a Sunray Finds Pouch which I don't think is made anymore. His website looks good and I thought he actually had one.

I agree but I wanted a Sunray Finds Pouch which I don't think is made anymore. His website looks good and I thought he actually had one.

Oh boy, was that one of the links I shared? If it is, I'm so sorry I just googled it.

tony went out of business i believe years ago..he had so many issues and alot of people were stuck with paid orders trying to get refunds.. he used to be a sponsor here im thinking as ive bought from him 10-15 years ago. the sunray is no longer being made.. i had mine stolen last year and was lucky to find a used one. i will have mine copied this spring and maybe make up a few.. they are the best made period..

tony went out of business i believe years ago..he had so many issues and alot of people were stuck with paid orders trying to get refunds.. he used to be a sponsor here im thinking as ive bought from him 10-15 years ago. the sunray is no longer being made.. i had mine stolen last year and was lucky to find a used one. i will have mine copied this spring and maybe make up a few.. they are the best made period..

Strange...if he is out of business who is paying for and still accepting orders on his up and running website?

Here is the listed owner information for that web site. Note that the Domain name is set o expire next month.

Domain Name: tcmetaldetectors.com
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-02-01T21:15:30Z

Registrant Name: Anthony Cwikla
Registrant Street: 23 Cornwall Dr.
Registrant City: Windsor Locks
Registrant State/Province: CT
Registrant Postal Code: 6096
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8606231153
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext.:
Registrant Email:
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Anthony Cwikla
Admin Organization: Anthony Cwikla
Admin Street: 23 Cornwall Dr.
Admin City: Windsor Locks
Admin State/Province: CT
Admin Postal Code: 6096
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.8606231153
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext.:
Admin Email:
Registry Tech ID:

Strange...if he is out of business who is paying for and still accepting orders on his up and running website?

well maybe he is still in business.. dont really care either way as years ago there were alot of complaints where he took orders but never shipped.. i had an order in, he never responded to any email i sent him, or phone calls etc.. i had to do a claim to reverse payment.. so as far as im concerned he is not in business.. go ahead and order from him lol i wont.

well maybe he is still in business.. dont really care either way as years ago there were alot of complaints where he took orders but never shipped.. i had an order in, he never responded to any email i sent him, or phone calls etc.. i had to do a claim to reverse payment.. so as far as im concerned he is not in business.. go ahead and order from him lol i wont.

I recall the trouble with a few other customers too, I think, also Andrew the Minelab dealer.
I believe both were great for a long time then something happened and all of a sudden products stopped being shipped, excuses started, communication went down and everything went south.
The trust was there but then it was gone and many got caught up in the middle before the word got out.

Sometimes personal problems can quickly cause a good business to go bad, other times it is just a bad business person that doesn't care.
Some bad businesses seem to be able to run for a long time, a lot longer than they should.

That's the great thing about the internet, lots of info out there if you look.

Do your due diligence, don't assume, before you send money to anyone check around...before, not after.
Could save a lot of grief.

Searches online showed at least one mention of good experiences dealing with this company, many more were all like this.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/175143-word-caution-about-t-c-metal-detectors.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/vendor-reviews/339148-tc-metal-detectors.html

No communication, slow if not non existent shipping of products seems to be normal for this business and has been for years.
If you do manage to talk to him excuses seem to be common.
I believe he used to be a sponsor here but was kicked out for this exact behavior.

So the answer is yes, you probably screwed up.
Hopefully you paid by credit card so cancel the order and look elsewhere.

Or continue to wait...and hope.

Well, since the complaints go back AT LEAST 7 years, it's safe to assume that he keeps the website open simply to scam people. I could see a business going under and it taking a little bit for the website to drop off, but if its been up this long he is obviously renewing it, still taking orders and not shipping anything.

Well, since the complaints go back AT LEAST 7 years, it's safe to assume that he keeps the website open simply to scam people. I could see a business going under and it taking a little bit for the website to drop off, but if its been up this long he is obviously renewing it, still taking orders and not shipping anything.

What really got me interested was the Sunray X-1 he had listed for I believe 217.00. I smelled a rat right then.

Back
Top Bottom