question on Etrac and Coil swaps

luked

is it best to buy a spare lower rod when swapping coils around.
had an etrac a while back but if I remember right the coil wires run inside the shaft. is that correct?
and if so do you guys just buy a lower rod only?
planning on getting an etrac in the next few months and a small coil along with it but was thinking I need to get a lower rod also but wanted to check first

is it best to buy a spare lower rod when swapping coils around.
had an etrac a while back but if I remember right the coil wires run inside the shaft. is that correct?
and if so do you guys just buy a lower rod only?
planning on getting an etrac in the next few months and a small coil along with it but was thinking I need to get a lower rod also but wanted to check first

Having extra lower rod,,,will speed things up when changing.

Some of the aftermarket coils,,have cables that are a tight fit,,when coming up through the shaft(s).

You might want to consider making something to tie on to coil cable to pull it up through the shaft(s).

An extra lower AND upper is even faster,if you get the X-1 probe you need just an extra lower....several ways to go about this but TN is right,something to pull it through with is key,I use a nice long high top lace...when I had to,which isn't anymore because I have the X-1.

While some are on the subject of thr X-1. How does it work or what is it for? Is it just a pinpointer that's attached?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

While some are on the subject of thr X-1. How does it work or what is it for? Is it just a pinpointer that's attached?

It actually hooks into (between coil and control box) the detector's circuit,,,meaning it will follow your detector's settings and give same or similar tone on say a coin,, like the detector does.

So for example,,,you get a good target,,,you dig,,,,sweep the X-1 probe around,, if the hole has say a nail in it,,,and you have iron disc out,,,the probe won't hit on it,,,but when you place probe near say a coin,,,it will hit.

Overall will be faster recovering Vs say a regular pinpointer (they hit on all ferrous and nonferrous),,, besides extra cost for X-1 prove,,,there is also some additional weight involved,,,,on the shaft since it mouths there.

Is it a necessity,,,,IMO no.

I generally use a Garrett pro pointer and it does work.

Ok I gotcha now I get it. Always just thought it was a pin pinter that was attached. Guess it's more than that

Ok I gotcha now I get it. Always just thought it was a pin pinter that was attached. Guess it's more than that

I believe I'm correct in saying this,,,manufacturer has discontinued making,,,there are quite a few out there though still being used,,,and they can be bought used.

The first thing I did when I got my Etrac was to sell the sunray probe that was attached to it. Extra weight plus extra inconvenience just ruins it for me. Can't wait to go wireless too, my headphone cable is the only annoyance left. I carry my probe in my back pocket and that works great.

Back
Top Bottom