Guess what ToySoldier found...

ToySoldier

Forum Supporter
Clearing every signal within about 15 feet of my back door. There might be some coins getting masked by trash, plus I'm interested in any household relics. By "every signal" I mean anything other than the nearly constant low droning of iron I hear from the AT Pro over that area.

I dug about 10 signals and then it was time to go out for dinner. I found plenty of the same old junk I generally try to avoid, in particular the old rusty metal that likes to give off blips and bloops of hope.

I found what appears to be a modern bullet, and on the last hole I found my second toy soldier. A 1950s figure made by Barclay. I had ignored that signal dozens of times in the past! A little below a nickle signal and only 3 inches deep.

I found my first toy soldier about two years ago at my previous house.

The second picture is one I found online of the Barclay toy soldier in near mint condition along with some of the others in the set.

Attachments

• 4535353.jpg
    4535353.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 462
  • Capture555555555.jpg
    Capture555555555.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 404
Amaizing how nice of shape it is in.
Good to know that 3 inch signal didn't give up on you .
Great save for sure . Debriefing him may provide clues to some of his brothers.
Leave no man behindđź‘Ť
Love it !
,Dew

How Veerd is dat? Our Brother Toysoldier is actually finding Toy Soldiers! Maybe I'll change my handle from 'Mudpuppy' to "Mr. BIG SACK of GOLD COINS"!!:laughing:

Amaizing how nice of shape it is in.
Good to know that 3 inch signal didn't give up on you .
Great save for sure . Debriefing him may provide clues to some of his brothers.
Leave no man behindđź‘Ť
Love it !
,Dew

The cell phone picture really exaggerated the paint wear/corrosion. To the naked eye he looks even better. His face is still pink with the paint detail for his facial features.

One of the reasons I passed on that signal so many times is that it was a few inches away from the back patio full of rebar. With the ATPro I was finally able to feel like there was indeed a target with a distinct signal. I'm going to work some more along that edge today by notching out what I can without losing too much of the signal and dialing back the sensitivity. Detecting next to rebar filled concrete is a challenge.

Nice find! I love popping toy lead soldiers out of the ground. Not only are they fun to find, but it tells me that little boys played there and they're good at losing silver coins.

beephead

Great find, and awesome that it was in your own backyard!

I missed this thread when you originally posted it, but I did a search after you commented that I found the same flamethrower trooper just a few days ago:

Found a Small NW Ohio Battleground!

Interesting to see the difference in how our detectors read the signal: yours rung up a little under a nickel signal using your AT Pro, while mine was higher than a nickel...more in the junk/Indian/zincoln range using the EQ800. All kinds of stuff could play a roll in that - soil conditions, depth (mine was a little deeper, maybe 5-6” down), and masking - sounds like it’s possible the patio rebar might have dragged the signal down a little on yours? Anyway, cool digs and nice research!

Back
Top Bottom