OK this IS MIND BLOWING For Various Reasons BIG SILVER

Sorry for not responding sooner, FMDF was not loading until just this afternoon for some reason....

Congrats on a huge silver!!

TY Sir

Huge congratulations! We dug twin Morgans! Doubt many other detectorists can say that. Well done! :wow2::wow2:

Thanks Kev, a lot of firsts over the last couple of weeks huh?

WoW! B! That's a Nice save!!

Thanks!

Some say "size does matter". Congrats on the find>

It does, and I still cannot believe I found another....

That is just plain FN awesome! A dream find, again! Super congrats!!!!

Appreciate it...my MD'ing adventures never cease to amaze me.

Great job! For me on the CTX 41,42 are almost
Always wheat pennies. Would hate to pass on a
Wheat cent that's really a huge silver! Grats

Yea, I still pass on 12-40/41 readings around this neighborhood...maybe I shouldn't. Ah well, gives me something else to find the next time:laughing:

Wow!!! That is insane! When you’re hot your hot! Lol.... The Morgan I found this year came in the same 41, 42... Nice job buddy!

TY Tom, good to know that my "experience" doesn't vary :D

Nice pairing! Congrats!

TY

I'm loving that toning from the root...

Yea it was pretty cool to see that after the fact. I thought it was a fake Morgan when it came out because it seemed really light, when I thought about it, it was probably because I was cold, couldn't feel my fingers.

Well congrats! Nice

Still on my bucket list. Congrats!!

Thank you both.

..You found TWO Silver Dollars in 3 months? Both Morgans? One in Hawaii? WE cant take much more than this! Next thing you know, you will be doing a post about your $20 StGaudens gold coin from a totlot that sounded like a penny! Please do us a favor and delete yourself from this Forum!...:laughing::laughing:

You know I'm bussin ya...Totally great find there Buell!:beers:

Well I would completely remove myself from the forum if I EVER found a St. Gaudens $20 piece...one of my favorite coins :yes:

That’s a sweet story with some sweet treasures there guys! I have so far seen more Morgans and Peace dollars in the last 2 years being dug than ever before! I can think of 4 dug by people I KNOW! To dig those so close and have the same date and mintmark is just insane,and the numbers don’t lie. My last read 12-43 and was 6-7” down by itself,but in air it read 11-41 no matter how I tested it. All tests were in Ferrous Coin to try and replicate what I was using in the field... but you just never know. The CTX has found me more fantastic old coins than I can even believe,and in downright ROTTEN conditions sometimes. I’m glad to see you guys having success in the same way,it’s a really really fun machine to own.

Thanks IDX, that is why the forum is so cool, validation and a little knowledge goes a long way in this hobby. I love writing my stories if only because I love to read the other ones from other members....who doesn't love a good story.

Amazing find Buell, The Morgan is my most favorite coin of all and I still haven't gotten one of those under my coil, you've dug 2 :wow: that is awesome, Congrats!

Going to get my lottery ticket later in the month;)

Congrats! A nicer BIG piece of silver!

TY

Big congrats! Thats a great story line with a lot of pumped up emotion. Makes you feel Great! Nice job.

Yea I was really pumped up for Cruiserkev's find (especially because I told him to hunt in this particular location) and doubly so for my find. Glad you like the story.

Congrats on the matched set of Morgans.

Appreciate it!

Amazing! I bet it was lost by the same kid.
Nice looking house and curb strip!

Or the same grandfather that was hiding silver dollars around the neighborhood during Easter!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Big congrats on the very big silver...outstanding dig!

Thank you Captain!!

Two within 3 months that alone is mind blowing and then the same date and mint mark as Kevin's and only a few blocks away. Just wow! Congrats Paul on another beautiful Morgan and a amazing year of finds. Trapper

Wow, those curb "strips" are HUGE!

No wonder good stuff is showing up. In my neck of the woods the curb strips are usually no more than about 16" wide.

Congratulations ! Sweet find, story and pictures !

Thank you SS!

Congrats on that big silver sweetness!

I am extremely lucky over the past few weeks.....

Probably not a kid. That was a bunch of money he lost back then. If it was a kid, he may still be grounded:lol:

True, I still cannot fathom how someone would not realize they dropped something THAT big, and more so, how nobody bothered picking it up after the fact....it is really puzzling.

Two within 3 months that alone is mind blowing and then the same date and mint mark as Kevin's and only a few blocks away. Just wow! Congrats Paul on another beautiful Morgan and a amazing year of finds. Trapper

J&J, you have been super supportive of my finds....thank you so much. Means a lot coming from you.

I never get tired of it brother. Lol it gives me hope!!! Congrats on a beautiful coin!!!

TY

Nice find! They are out there, just have to get the coil over one. It would be a screamer for sure!

Strangely, on the CTX, as I mentioned, silver does not "scream" anything when it is over silver. My CTX is nothing like my E-Trac in terms of how it reacts to finding silver...the CTX just calmly tells me that the numbers look about right and maybe a more solid tone. In the end, a clad quarter sound like a silver quarter and visa versa.....

FANTASTIC!! Awesome! Really great find...again... u suck.
Huge congrats, brother Buellride!

I hope I continue to suck :D:p

Wow, those curb "strips" are HUGE!

No wonder good stuff is showing up. In my neck of the woods the curb strips are usually no more than about 16" wide.

Yea, but around here it complicates talking with homeowners...because some of them are so large they consider it a true extension to their front yard...kinda difficult to change their minds on occasion....:yes:

Geez... if I were you (both of you) I'd keep hitting that strip!

Now I have a bucket list item...

R5

Back
Top Bottom