Anything silver is appreciated

RainorShine

Forum Supporter
Got out for a couple of hours today. Really appreciating the fact that it's not below freezing and the ground isn't covered with snow. Hunted a couple of curbstrips without much success, except a junker ring. Was finally able to get permission from a really nice guy and his wife. They were actually excited to have someone hunt their yard. Got a bit of clad and a single '29S wheat penny. Then over in the farthest corner of the yard close to the sidewalk, hit a decent 28-29 on the NOX. Found the nice silver ring. A great way to close out the hunt for the day. Hope it begins to thaw out for the rest of you folks in the middle and Eastern part of the country so we can begin to see more posts again. Stay warm and good luck.

Attachments

• 20210220_134030.jpg
    20210220_134030.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 654
  • 20210220_160554.jpg
    20210220_160554.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 567
  • 20210220_145147.jpg
    20210220_145147.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 579
Really nice ring! Lately all the rings I find are either junkers or smashed or broken.

That is a beautiful ring, Gale, glad you stuck with it and found such a nice item!

Still all locked down here with snow, probably mid-March till there will be a chance of detecting here.

A nice ring indeed ! Congrats ! Nice photos and the way you laid them out is pretty cool !

Thanks Surgeon. I keep trying to improve on my photography, but it's a work in progress.

Interesting ring, nice job!!! đź‘Ť

Thanks Kev. Still envying your recent finds though. Hope you've been able to get out recently.

Love the detail on the ring Gale! Nice job on the .925

Thanks Paul. Glad you got your silver today. I'm pretty happy with all the wheats.

Thank you.

Pretty ring! Congrats :)

Thanks. I thought it was pretty nice. Unfortunately it's just a bit too small for my wife or she would have claimed it.

Royal Congrats on that sweet silver!:D:D

Thank you.

Sweet ring, congrats!

Appreciate your note.

Really nice ring! Lately all the rings I find are either junkers or smashed or broken.

Thank you. I have to commiserate with you. Seems like most of the rings I find are junkers or smashed flat.

That is a beautiful ring, Gale, glad you stuck with it and found such a nice item!

Still all locked down here with snow, probably mid-March till there will be a chance of detecting here.

Thanks David. Was thinking of you and marveling at how you've been able to recover so many silvers with your short season. My hat's off to you on that. Maybe we'll get over that way again sometime.

Thanks. I thought it was pretty nice. Unfortunately it's just a bit too small for my wife or she would have claimed it.

I hear that, I think I’ve only found 2 rings my wife could wear :crying: I find tiny @zz rings for some reason...

That delicate silver ring is a fantastic find! Wheat cents are also fun to uncover. :grin:

It sounds like you have an enjoyable permission, too; it's always nice to be welcomed. Last summer, my brother Wolf-Dog and I were blessed to secure a permission where the homeowners were about as thrilled as we were at the prospect of metal detecting the property and seeing what we could unearth. :) They asked us to return, and we promised that, next time, we will bring an extra detector for their daughter to use. There are so many fun aspects to this hobby!

That delicate silver ring is a fantastic find! Wheat cents are also fun to uncover. :grin:

It sounds like you have an enjoyable permission, too; it's always nice to be welcomed. Last summer, my brother Wolf-Dog and I were blessed to secure a permission where the homeowners were about as thrilled as we were at the prospect of metal detecting the property and seeing what we could unearth. :) They asked us to return, and we promised that, next time, we will bring an extra detector for their daughter to use. There are so many fun aspects to this hobby!

Thanks Princess. We really did enjoy visiting with the homeowners. They said keep anything you find, just let us see. I like the wheats too, but it's just too bad they don't weather well, at least around here.

I like the in-situ reveal pix .

Thank you Tom. I usually try to capture the in-situ if there's not too much activity around me. As we all know, some places you just have to put it in your pouch as quickly as you can and move on.

Back
Top Bottom