I think I may have something good...FOUND

farmall

Forum Supporter
This evening I was messing around with a borrowed white's MD and it showed $1 coin. I started to dig and I just couldn't dig very deep. The ground here is very dry. We haven't had rain since mid October.

While trying to dig the UPS man delivered my new 250 so I put it together and tried it in the same spot and it shows $1.00 coin. It is pegged out at 8" deep. I will get a better digging tool tomorrow and get what ever it is out of the ground.

I hope it is something really cool.

GETTER-Dunn! You won't have moments rest till you find out what it is. :lol: Hope its a nice Morgan for ya.

It may be a hot rock.I hope it is the dollar but usually when the meters peg to that side it's a hot rock. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope it's not a very deep piece of iron, that would be the sort of luck I usually have :o(

I stand to be corrected, but once you get down to 8" or more, I wouldn't take too much notice of what is indicated on the display.

I agree Alan... I almost posted that this morning then decided not to lol...

I think its probably a deep piece of iron :)

Yeah but "What IF"....... :D thats the best part of this hobby, you never know whats down there. (at least until you dig it up)

I for one would not be able to sleep until I found out what it is though :?:

-Steve

I hope it's a keeper target, but............

The "buts" are what you usually what I get.....

scott

Well, I got it dug up. It was a half used roll of plumbers solder. :o( :o(

It was about 10 inches deep. At least I can sleep good now.

I believe that you encountered a hot rock, farm! Hot rocks read on the high-end of the scale.

Hey man it;s still a find.Look on the bright side,now all you need is a torch
and a little bit of flux and you can fix your own pipes!I've dug enough nails
to build you a bathroom addition. :lol:

Hermit said:
Hey man it;s still a find.Look on the bright side,now all you need is a torch
and a little bit of flux and you can fix your own pipes!I've dug enough nails
to build you a bathroom addition. :lol:

I think I am getting close on that nail count myself. :lol:

farmall said:
Well, I got it dug up. It was a half used roll of plumbers solder. :o( :o(

It was about 10 inches deep. At least I can sleep good now.

Next time you come across a signal like that try raising the coil off the ground about 3 to 5 inches and wave it over the target again. Listen to see if the signal changes, note the change and dig it up. This works better on shallower targets that overload the discrimination circutry but it might still help to train your ear a little on the deeper ones.
Alot of the time when you get a target that pegs the scale its a bigger iron target, by lifting the coil you narrow the search field of the coil thus helping the detector make a accurate reading.
Hope that helps you in the future.
MoDigger

Back
Top Bottom