Four Machines Sent Off Friday

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well I had to say goodbye to my two Equinox 800's and my two CZ-21's with 10.5 inch coils on Friday.

One CZ decided not to find anything anymore and the other last week started screaming at me when I turned it on. High pitch squeal that wouldn't quit.

Both my Equinox 800 machines got super quiet and I couldn't hear them when hunting the woods very well at all. This was after I used underwater headphones on them. I had the problem last year but put one in a drawer and forgot about it, but the other one would work sometimes and then go out again.

Hopefully they will be repaired and stay repaired even if I try to dive with one again. I am only in 7 foot of water at the most where I take them. \

Minelab said they will be back in 7 - 10 days. No idea when my Fishers will be repaired but I have one more I am using and two with the 8 inch coils as backups but the water is getting pretty cold now. Today I used my CZ-20 with a 10.5" coil.

Got another nitro today. A silver one, and a titanium piece of trash. Water is getting cold but a fun dive.

I also saved two phones today for folks and one yesterday.

Did you see the video about "burping" the nox when the external audio gets quiet? Apparently a seal gets stuck and interferes with the external speaker. Weird, but true.

Did you see the video about "burping" the nox when the external audio gets quiet? Apparently a seal gets stuck and interferes with the external speaker. Weird, but true.

No I didn't. I will have to look it up. Sent them off so they will be repaired or replaced. Will search it for future reference. Thanks!

Question on the CZ's and scuba : Does the silent search bother you ?

I know from my short stint trying scuba, and using the underwater CZ, that the silent search, in the noisy-under-water-world, was annoying. I found myself "holding my breath" trying to hear the beeps over the noise. I much preferred the excal, where I could always have a back-ground threshold to gauge the other noises by.

Question on the CZ's and scuba : Does the silent search bother you ?

I know from my short stint trying scuba, and using the underwater CZ, that the silent search, in the noisy-under-water-world, was annoying. I found myself "holding my breath" trying to hear the beeps over the noise. I much preferred the excal, where I could always have a back-ground threshold to gauge the other noises by.

I absolutely LOVE it being silent. I can hear boats that decide to invade my area. I FEEL I am a lot safer when in shallow water in the inland lakes because of boaters that have NO idea what a dive flag is!!

Kid "Look daddy a float in the water, I want it, please daddy?"

Get the picture?

Looks like your winding down, still a good outing! Hope all the repairs go smooth and your ready to kill it next spring!..

Saw the video on burping the Equinox. HOPEFULLY they will have them repaired and I won't EVER have to take them apart. Good video though. Haven't heard from Minelab yet.

Curious where you sent yours to? Wondering if Keith at ML repair in PA is doing the replacement/repairs yet? I know Jamie left.... she made things happen quickly, so i was wondering if ML Aussie has stopped looking so carefully at problems and has moved on to more interesting projects? It seems turn around has slowed.... maybe im wrong.

Repairs seems to be part of the game for those of us using them in the water.... just an expected expense. At least we find enough to pay for those out of warranty.

Curious where you sent yours to? Wondering if Keith at ML repair in PA is doing the replacement/repairs yet? I know Jamie left.... she made things happen quickly, so i was wondering if ML Aussie has stopped looking so carefully at problems and has moved on to more interesting projects? It seems turn around has slowed.... maybe im wrong.

Repairs seems to be part of the game for those of us using them in the water.... just an expected expense. At least we find enough to pay for those out of warranty.

I disd send them to PA. They told me 7 - 10 day turn around. Will see what happens.

When you call ML and tell them the problem, THEY have a customer service rep call you back. They will not let you talk to one. She couldn't even tell me if I would get a call back that day. A start of POOR customer service if you ask me.

They got my machines on Monday. Post office told me that. Will see what happens.

Oh, that's too bad, Jamie was awesome.

Minelab got my machines on Monday. They are on the way back today. NO idea what they did to them yet. Just got a very strange email from them.

Felix called me today. So far they are repairing one of my CZ-21's at no cost. They will let me know on the second one. First Texas got my machines Tues or Wend.

Seems like both companies are doing great with quick repairs.

Now I have two to send to White's also. LOL the madness will never end!

Back
Top Bottom