All F75 users... I Have "Build quality" concerns. Are they justified?

MrDirtyHands

Hey guys. I'm currently researching my next 'tector purchase and have been reading A LOT of blog & forum posts. Seems a LOT of guys are/have bashed the build quality of the F75'S. Many of these negative comments are here on this forum in various places.

I'm an old dog White's swinger. My Detectors have always been built like tanks. So, even though I'm open to a different brand, I'm not willing to tolerate flimsy or poorly built machines. I've never heard these issues about the other Detector I'm considering. The Impact. But I sure have about the Fishers. Any thoughts??? (And yes, I'm looking at the F75 SE LTD.)

Fisher F75 series are some of the best ergo setup detectors.
I thought my F75 was ample for durability.
Lots of F75s have been used over the years.
I don’t remember seeing many problems reported.

Now there was an upgrade back when, when this first happened there were lots of problems reported. This was not related to the physical part of the detector though.

Original F75 unit’s were not Emi friendly.
And was reported as such by many.

Enter dst F75 units.
These units are very Emi friendly.

F75 is very good detector in mild to lighter side of medium mineralized ground.
Any more mineralization there are better models to choose imo. F75 innhigher mineralization environments will call nonferrous actually ferrous.

Good luck with your decision.

I have never read a report of flimsy craftsmanship of the f75. I've ran the wheels off a few f75 units and I agree with Tnsharpshooter,they are probably the best balanced and easiest to swing in the business..Cant speak for everyone's soil but in Pennsylvania soil they're deep.

No Problems ever

Even with the upgrades', check my signature out, the F75se remain's , while other's have been sold, swinging the F75 with the 5 inch double d coil all day- 9 to 10 inch dime's, great machine, now it's been a while since i used it, but not selling it, it's like a Rolls Royce , happy hunting.

I got the F75 LTD in 2013 and still use it never had any problems with it. I never really had any problems with EMI before I had it upgraded. It is a great detector for finding deep coins.

I have run both machines and they both are great. Seems to me that the F75 has more trouble with old steel bottle caps than the impact. But ignoring that, i almost always found silver with my F75 outings. Never had any build quality problems with either machines. Impact is a bit more tweakable in settings.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Metro Atlanta. Near Stone Mountain. I understand we have some of the worst dirt anywhere. What would you recommend for HIGHLY Mineralized ground?

Even with the upgrades', check my signature out, the F75se remain's , while other's have been sold, swinging the F75 with the 5 inch double d coil all day- 9 to 10 inch dime's, great machine, now it's been a while since i used it, but not selling it, it's like a Rolls Royce , happy hunting.

You have quite the selection of Detectors! I, of course have to ask... What's your favorite & why??

Minelab etrac is great in high minerals,and that simplex is supposed to handle high mineralized ground,and it’s dirt cheap..I think it’s getting shipped to the states in a week?

Hi,
these opinions are from using or owning these detectors or ones similar.

The F75 is a great, solidly built, well balanced detector. I live in an area with moderate to high mineralization and plenty of EMI. Some of my detecting friends have had very good luck with the DST F75s here. The earlier models did have problems handling the hot ground and EMI and were extremely chatty. Same issues with the F75s cousin, the T2 (which I owned for a while) in earlier models. Ergonomics on these two detectors are fantastic.

If you are a Whites guy, have you considered the MX7 (you would probably want the Detech DD coils due to mineralization) or the MX Sport. They are solid detectors that can go deep and have plenty of great features. The early bugs have been sorted out on the MX Sport.

Also, if you are looking at the Impact, you could also look at the Anfibio and Kruzer line from Nokta Makro. They can handle mineralization pretty well and are very well built detectors with outstanding features.

Woodbutcher mentioned the Etrac and I'm going to mention the Equinox. Despite what you may have heard (similar to the F75s questionable or not build quality) the Equinox is an excellent detector and can easily handle high mineralization and has outstanding features too.

Jeff

Really can't

Say that I have a favorate, everything I have is nice, serves it's purpose , lately I have been swinging the EQ 800 with the 15 coil at the beach , the F75 LTD is nice , but has been out a while , last detector coming is the AQ Impulse , Remember this, you can only swing ONE detector at a time, I have to many machines , light hours , but it is nice to switch around use different machines & coils , don't exactly know what kind of hunting you do & were , if I new , I could recommend a detector best for you , happy hunting, Earl

Say that I have a favorate, everything I have is nice, serves it's purpose , lately I have been swinging the EQ 800 with the 15 coil at the beach , the F75 LTD is nice , but has been out a while , last detector coming is the AQ Impulse , Remember this, you can only swing ONE detector at a time, I have to many machines , light hours , but it is nice to switch around use different machines & coils , don't exactly know what kind of hunting you do & were , if I new , I could recommend a detector best for you , happy hunting, Earl

I live in Metro Atlanta. (Ga. Red clay!) I mostly hunt in parks, schools & old house sites with the occasional CW hunt. EVERYWHERE I go is loaded with trash so target separation is equally important as depth. Any suggestions are appreciated but I'm now leaning toward that F75 LTD.

I live in Metro Atlanta. (Ga. Red clay!) I mostly hunt in parks, schools & old house sites with the occasional CW hunt. EVERYWHERE I go is loaded with trash so target separation is equally important as depth. Any suggestions are appreciated but I'm now leaning toward that F75 LTD.

The Nox works a little better for me in my dirt, it just makes things easier, but the Fishers are no slouches when it come to dealing with our soil and problems.
Separation is excellent, especially once you learn the language and target masking behavior.

Here is a thread where I show you some short vids about what I am up against and how I learned to deal with it.
I am always learning to deal with strange issues around here.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=245710

One of the targets I found, the iron I found in the hole is in about the same place as they were in the field but at different depths.
Fishers separate well.

user10659_pic74838_1491778560.jpg

I like the F70/75 'Delta Pitch' tone mode...As far as I can see, its the most accurate 'Audio Hunting' rig out there.....I've also ran the wheels off of my F70 all over the Country from the high mountains of Idaho to the Gulf coast, Carolinas, all points in between and in all kinds of weather..

I leave it out in the car year round even....Its still going strong! The thing is fast and light and just flat performs...Its made me payback 100 times over and will continue to do so like even tomorrow morning...11" stock dd coil...

No problem with build quality..I bet my 'on off' switch has cycled 10k times at least..hopping totters and whatnot, a guy will turn it on and off easily 20 times per weekend and in between...for 10yrs straight the thing has been running flawlessly and flat throwing off finds!..I freaking love it! It makes hunting so much fun and is a natural feeling extension of my mind and body...

Last edited:
clay

I can't give you advice, never hunted in clay , talk to TNSS on here ,i believe he hunts in those conditions , and can give you advice on a machine , maybe PM him, Earl

Have/had two f75s. Build quality is fine. The only weak part is the coil ears on the great stock coil. As far as north Georgia ground you should search 88junior's post or pm him. Great guy and he has tried many detectors there. I believe his choice is the high freq orx

F70 has been a war horse for over a decade, lite, easy to bushwhack with.
Ive only replaced a wore out coil.
Never any build issues, all works as it should.

Back
Top Bottom