which model is currently selling the best?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
looking at another metal detecting forum you can look at the sub-forums by model and it seems the Equinox is cleaning up with 1,100 threads and 16,000 posts.

No other best selling model of detector even comes close. Other models don't even break 200 threads and 600 posts. I won't name names because you all know who the rivals to the Equinox are.

Not sure if this is an accurate gauge on which models are selling the most?

Of course some of the other popular models have been out a long while and the Equinox is new so lots of people talking about it in forums. The long learning curve of the 800 has to contribute to half of these post or even more.

But with no other accurate gauge for sales figures, this may be the only clue we have on the relative sales strengths of different models.

Poke any holes in my theory if you can because I don't claim to know all there is to know on this topic.

Just googled ( the best 5 metal detectors 2019 ) and I’m not seeing the equinox in anything that comes up..Not sure many people outside of the forums even know half of the machines made even exist.

Did a quick search of top selling metal detectors, here's what I found. What's this tell you about getting your info on the interwebs?

#1. Garrett Ace 250
#2. Garrett AT Pro
#3. Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Quick Silver
#4. Winbest Pro Edition
#5. Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
#6. Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior
#7. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PRO ( looks like GoFind 60?)
#8. White's Spectra V3i
#9. Teknetics Delta 4000
#10. American Hawks Explorer

Did a quick search of top selling metal detectors, here's what I found. What's this tell you about getting your info on the interwebs?

#1. Garrett Ace 250
#2. Garrett AT Pro
#4. Winbest Pro Edition
#8. White's Spectra V3i
#9. Teknetics Delta 4000

That's what I saw, I'm guessing the actual internet information is years behind compared to real life releases today

#1. Garrett Ace 250
#2. Garrett AT Pro
#4. Winbest Pro Edition
#8. White's Spectra V3i
#9. Teknetics Delta 4000

I suspect that web site was a clickbait review web site. They abound on the Internet. It is "top ten" this and "top ten" that.

I would feel more confident in a list published by https://www.detectorprospector.com or an established trusted source in the MD industry. Can you send a link to that list so we can see what else they have for top ten lists?

#7 if it was a rebranded minelab go find, well the minelab gofind was pretty much a bust.

The figures I quoted were from a well known other MD web site that publishes the number of posts and replies of different model categories from the major MD mfgs. Don't know the exact time period that those stats cover, they might just be for the year and that would skew the number of discussions on the Equinox as compared to the well known and popular AT Pro which was probably well discussed when it came out years ago.

I am just curious as to know if there is any valid stats that can tell us which is the current best selling model metal detector.

trust, i see equinox threads constantly popping up. i would have noooo problem believing it was top dog right now. i've noticed that especially the last few weeks. yeah, don't trust googled top ten results. :D the almighty dolla wins.

Lol, you guys crack me up..a bunch of older guys sitting around slapping each other on the back, Posting thousand of posts and starting thousands of threads about the equinox makes it the top selling machine of all time? Lmao
And the experts here? What qualifies as a expert at metal detecting? Finds? Maybe the guy with 30 machines ? Or possibly the ones who are picked out of a hat to test machines? Maybe the guy who makes a 100 videos of his test bed? :laughing:
Almost seems like a joke huh? And then there's all the equinox 2nd hand sales n the classifieds, guys who say it's only got a couple hours on it? Not worthy of more than a few hours, still mint condition guys.:laughing:
Yea, I honestly don't know if I disliked the equinox as much as I disliked the hype that was out about it.But I guess with all new releases were gonna get the hype.Only difference is these hype threads keep showing up , let it go man,.Equinox is a good machine that shouldn't need to keep being hyped up right.:?:

On Amazon's best selling metal detector products which updates hourly you have to go all the way down to 16th to find an actual quality metal detector, the Fisher F22. Every metal detector before that is, well I wouldn't own one, even the #1 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.
#19 is Ace 300. #23 is Ace 400. #26 is the Equinox. So, at least on Amazon, the Equinox is the top selling mid-range detector.

Jeff

On Amazon's best selling metal detector products which updates hourly you have to go all the way down to 16th to find an actual quality metal detector, the Fisher F22. Every metal detector before that is, well I wouldn't own one, even the #1 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.
#19 is Ace 300. #23 is Ace 400. #26 is the Equinox. So, at least on Amazon, the Equinox is the top selling mid-range detector.

Jeff

That is what I said. Top selling mid priced detector. Anyone uses one and gives fair shake will see why too.

I have run other detectors too.
And have received nothing period from Minelab, no equipment, no money, nothing of value.
I did help test new update.
They actually sought me out to do by asking me.
I accepted.
And will take nothing in return from Minelab for my time (and my equipment wear/ use) spent testing.
Just the way I want it.
You see this keeps me from being biased period.
The whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I enjoyed the testing I did too. Not all fun either. Still enjoyed.

I haven’t been officially released from NDA either.
But update is public knowledge now via Minelab’s site.
I won’t disclose methods and procedures just that I helped test.
Hope Minelab understands.

For the record this makes 2 manufactures I have been involved with testing detectors. Minelab and Nokta-Makro.

It seems to me that when someone finds anything, whether it's commonplace or mind boggling, the people finding them with a Nox tend to make sure they mention that they found it with a NOX while others just quietly mention without fanfare WHAT they found, rather than what they found it with. But, even if the NOX or anything else is in fact the best selling detector at the moment...….ho hum.

I ran a poll on an independent FB page which asked, 'if someone offered you a free detector, which would you choose,
1, the Nox 800
2, Deus x35
3, Nok/Mak Anfibio'

The Nox beat the Deus at a ratio of 2/1, and the Anfibio 10/1.
I was surprised as would have chosen the Deus, then sold it to buy a Nox with a few £ left over:lol:

But it certainly shows that the nox is a desirable machine.

I ran a poll on an independent FB page which asked, 'if someone offered you a free detector, which would you choose,
1, the Nox 800
2, Deus x35
3, Nok/Mak Anfibio'

The Nox beat the Deus at a ratio of 2/1, and the Anfibio 10/1.
I was surprised as would have chosen the Deus, then sold it to buy a Nox with a few £ left over:lol:

But it certainly shows that the nox is a desirable machine.

On your poll are they going from what they have run before? Or just going by hearsay from what people claim is the best detector?

Eqx has captured:
Novice detectorist
Detectorist
Real experienced detectorist.

All 3 categories.

Which other models has done this really??

I can’t think of a single one really.

Eqx has captured:
Novice detectorist
Detectorist
Real experienced detectorist.

All 3 categories.

Which other models has done this really??

I can’t think of a single one really.

Only one that still does it, at pro cannot be touched for sales or use...equinox isn't that big of a hit in real life, trust me ...if it weren't for a hand full of people like yourself and the OP still hyping it up it wouldn't be mentioned at all...thats the truth as I see it.

I'd say the Deus and Nox are currently the most popular in the UK/Europe at the moment and well suited to our ancient coinage.
The AT Pro has been very popular and sold loads over the years, kinda like the VW Beetle of detectors, but you'd hardly call a Beetle a better performer than a Ferrari because it outsold it?

Only one that still does it, at pro cannot be touched for sales or use...equinox isn't that big of a hit in real life, trust me ...if it weren't for a hand full of people like yourself and the OP still hyping it up it wouldn't be mentioned at all...thats the truth as I see it.

I'd say the Deus and Nox are currently the most popular in the UK/Europe at the moment and well suited to our ancient coinage.
The AT Pro has been very popular and sold loads over the years, kinda like the VW Beetle of detectors, but you'd hardly call a Beetle a better performer than a Ferrari because it outsold it?

Sorry,wasn’t talking about the European market..You guys are thousands of years ahead of us here in the states in culture and iron saturation..But,I know what people outside of these forums consider the machine to have,and that’s the at pro.
Now,notice didn’t say the at pro is the best machine to have,although it’s not too shabby when you consider what’s out there..But just normal average people not obsessed with the hobbie just think the at pro is the machine to have if you wanna get the goods..That’s all I’m saying.

Sorry,wasn’t talking about the European market..You guys are thousands of years ahead of us here in the states in culture and iron saturation..But,I know what people outside of these forums consider the machine to have,and that’s the at pro.
Now,notice didn’t say the at pro is the best machine to have,although it’s not too shabby when you consider what’s out there..But just normal average people not obsessed with the hobbie just think the at pro is the machine to have if you wanna get the goods..That’s all I’m saying.

Oh my gosh. We get it, you hate the Equinox, but your "opinion" is getting old. Show us some real data to back up the opinion. I know what I'm seeing here, and that's a lot of Equinoxes. Even from local dealers who say that even beginners are stepping up to the Nox because of the value. Listen, I don't have a dog in this fight, but your bias is getting old. It doesn't tell the real story.

Show me some facts that the equinox isn't that big of a hit and that only a "handful" of people are still hyping it up. Oh...wait, I see now. That's the truth as YOU see it:laughing:

Woody,
Hate to break the bad news to you.
Seasoned relic hunters won’t use AT series period usually. Unless they get compensated in some way by doing, ie money, equipment.

Seasoned coin hunter won’t use the At series usually. Unless they get compensated in some way by doing, ie money, equipment.

At series has been designated as a has been.
Sorry.

Looks like Simplex will even pound At Series. It’s cheap too.
Go figure.

The cat is out of the bag now with Nox.
Can’t put the cat back in the bag either.
So folks buy Noxes.
And looks like folks will buy Simplexes too.

We’ll see how the At series matches up with the Simplex in due time.
Seems so far all I see is how Simplex compares to EQX not At series.
This is a good thing if you ask me. For the Simplex anyways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom