done with cell phones

garviso8

Elite Member
I recently found a iPhone x buried in the wet sand at a local saltwater beach and after not being able to dry it out, with rice ,blow dryer and what not I decided to sell it for parts, now the phone itself looked brand new no cracks/ scratches just totally drowned I tried to charge it and it lit up then died .I listed it on e-bay stating its condition and it went on auction for a week the first winner didn't pay so I relisted it for a three day auction just wanted to be done with it by this time .after the end of the auction the buyer asked me for the imei of the phone I didn't know what this was so he explained its the phones id apparently there's a web site that gives you the current status of the phone, shortly after receiving the phone he messages me that he wanted a refund even though the listing clearly stated no returns saying that the phone had been reported loss or stolen and was locked. we went back and forth with this for about a week until ebay intervened giving him a full refund and on top of that I am on the hook for the sales commission:mad: the buyer was obviously a phone salesman as all his listings deal with phones and he even told me how this was going to end needless to say I am done with fee-bay and phones all together not worth the hassle stick to gold silver and clad sorry for the rant but just had to vent has anybody else had issues with cellphones and if so how do you sell them

I recently found a iPhone x buried in the wet sand at a local saltwater beach and after not being able to dry it out, with rice ,blow dryer and what not I decided to sell it for parts, now the phone itself looked brand new no cracks/ scratches just totally drowned I tried to charge it and it lit up then died .I listed it on e-bay stating its condition and it went on auction for a week the first winner didn't pay so I relisted it for a three day auction just wanted to be done with it by this time .after the end of the auction the buyer asked me for the imei of the phone I didn't know what this was so he explained its the phones id apparently there's a web site that gives you the current status of the phone, shortly after receiving the phone he messages me that he wanted a refund even though the listing clearly stated no returns saying that the phone had been reported loss or stolen and was locked. we went back and forth with this for about a week until ebay intervened giving him a full refund and on top of that I am on the hook for the sales commission:mad: the buyer was obviously a phone salesman as all his listings deal with phones and he even told me how this was going to end needless to say I am done with fee-bay and phones all together not worth the hassle stick to gold silver and clad sorry for the rant but just had to vent has anybody else had issues with cellphones and if so how do you sell them

Sorry to hear of your bad experience :( However, there's been many forum stories shared of how , in fact ... cell phones are routinely sold, without a hitch. People buy them for parts, or whatever.

So while it's true that there's an occasional story, like yours, of a situation gone-bad, yet all-in-all, most buy/sells go off without a hitch. Some of the phones can fetch good money on ebay, so it's a shame to just toss them in the trash.

Also stories of phones getting repatriated to happy owners (when you can sleuth out an owner somehow). Those are fun reunion stories you can't put a price on. So again, a shame to see them tossed in the trash.

So don't feel like every future encounter will necessarily go bad.

If it was sold just for parts, not sure why he would need an IMEI #. Clearly he thought he could get a good deal, get the phone working again, and make a HUGE profit. If an item is sold AS IS with no returns, that should absolutely 100% be on the buyer, not the seller. This post aggravates ME and I have ZERO to do with it :laughing: hope you get this issue resolved in your favor...

If it was sold just for parts, not sure why he would need an IMEI #. Clearly he thought he could get a good deal, get the phone working again, and make a HUGE profit. If an item is sold AS IS with no returns, that should absolutely 100% be on the buyer, not the seller. This post aggravates ME and I have ZERO to do with it :laughing: hope you get this issue resolved in your favor...
X2

NEVER give information on a DEAD phone. They are buying it for parts not to use. I would have told him NO on the requested information.

Live and learn. Don't let one bad experience stop you from trying again

NEVER give information on a DEAD phone. They are buying it for parts not to use. I would have told him NO on the requested information.

If I followed the post correctly, it sounds like the buyer went ahead and won the item, paid, received it, and then filed a refund after finding out it was locked. Then filed a refund even though the ad says "no refund".

X3

I have had similar experiences. My advice : NEVER give out serial #s , always as is , and NEVER on ebay because of exactly this. There are plenty of other websites. ALWAYS sell local and in person.

If I followed the post correctly, it sounds like the buyer went ahead and won the item, paid, received it, and then filed a refund after finding out it was locked. Then filed a refund even though the ad says "no refund".
I'm with TS on this. Sounds like the buyer pulled a fast one, and used Ebay's own rules against the seller.
This is the biggest reason I won't use PayPal for any reason.

Roger

Garvis, 2 years ago I had the same issue with a late model Samsung that I sold. It was pretty rough and was cracked. I guess the buyer bid at the last minute and never looked at the other pictures or read my "Ocean recovered" "As Is" "No returns" in the description. I wanted to work out a return for him but that HE would be responsible for the cost of the return. He got unreasonable and nasty with me, gave me negative feedback (my 1st) and initiated a return with Ebay. The money was refunded initially to him. However, I was pi$$ed! :mad: I then refuted the return with Ebay. I spoke with an individual over the phone and he reviewed my selling post and our communications. The refunding decision was overturned and I got my full amount back and the negative feedback removed so that I could remain perfect.

We do pretty good selling phones for $ on fleabay. Usually if you word it right even if they ask for a refund fleabay says you are not obligated. Heck we are excited the Iphone 11 pro is fixing to be dropped to find:lol: As Felix says, you call a human on the phone. We still have 100% positive feedback on fleabay.

Forgot to add. You drop one in an ECOatm and they ask where you got it from. For the name you type in Sandy Beach:lol:

Garvis, 2 years ago I had the same issue with a late model Samsung that I sold. It was pretty rough and was cracked. I guess the buyer bid at the last minute and never looked at the other pictures or read my "Ocean recovered" "As Is" "No returns" in the description. I wanted to work out a return for him but that HE would be responsible for the cost of the return. He got unreasonable and nasty with me, gave me negative feedback (my 1st) and initiated a return with Ebay. The money was refunded initially to him. However, I was pi$$ed! :mad: I then refuted the return with Ebay. I spoke with an individual over the phone and he reviewed my selling post and our communications. The refunding decision was overturned and I got my full amount back and the negative feedback removed so that I could remain perfect.

That's what I like to hear, sometimes it takes a little work to stop a scammer but well worth it. WTG Felix!

I am on the hook for the sales commission
please who are you kidding ???????????
no party both sales e-bay will give you back your final value fees
don't play stupid i sell on e-bay for 20+ yrs
check my feedback seller hailtothekinggold
some one is playing you for a scrubb
sell your old trash phone finds at walmart they have a machine
BUT you must submit your finger print as well as your drivers lic
unless you are afraid ????????????

That's what I like to hear, sometimes it takes a little work to stop a scammer but well worth it. WTG Felix!

Between Ebay and PayPal it's almost impossible to stop a pro scammer. Best case scenario would be they pay return shipping through a PayPal case after 90 days from the ebay case being closed. There are dozens of loopholes they know how to get at.

I am on the hook for the sales commission
please who are you kidding ???????????
no party both sales e-bay will give you back your final value fees
don't play stupid i sell on e-bay for 20+ yrs
check my feedback seller hailtothekinggold
some one is playing you for a scrubb
sell your old trash phone finds at walmart they have a machine
BUT you must submit your finger print as well as your drivers lic
unless you are afraid ????????????
I don't care how long you've been selling on ebay ,I was told that they will not refund me my final value fees and to top it off my phone was never returned and no I am not afraid to use a kiosk but I don't feel the need to give my finger prints or personnal information to a machine for a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom