Ebay detector warranty?

alba359

Hi All,I notice that most metal detector sellers on "Ebay" have "No Return" posted in the description. Therefore if a buyer purchases a detector with "No Return" posted in the description and the detector doesn't perform correctly what is the buyers recourse? Thanks, Don

Hi All,I notice that most metal detector sellers on "Ebay" have "No Return" posted in the description. Therefore if a buyer purchases a detector with "No Return" posted in the description and the detector doesn't perform correctly what is the buyers recourse? Thanks, Don
I sell alot on ebay and if I sell a item that is faulty and is listed as working then eBay will accept your return no matter. I am a top rated seller on 2 different stores and I do free returns for their discounts because it really doesnt matter...a buyer can return an item in most circumstances. Now if the seller is no returns parts only or unsure if item is working Ebay may side with seller and not allow a return.
Hope's this helps

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

I realize this post is a couple of weeks old and you probably already made a purchase but if you buy a new detector off of E-bay it will come with a warranty card that you register with the manufacturer and any warranty work that it might need will be taken care of by them. That being said I would still check out our forum sponsors, they can usually get you the best deals.

If it doesn't perform as expected file a claim and eBay will take care of it. If warranty is a major concern buy from one of the fine sponsors on this forum.

If the machine is new the warranty should be through the manufacturer. But it's counterfeiting you really need to watch out for on eBay. I would recommend checking out forum sponsor. I bought a few machines from Big Boys Hobbies. Highly recommend them.

Bought a detector from ebay once. Hunted more then 10 years with it and found many many interesting finds with it.
And clad in an amount that it almost payed for itself.

Doesn't always go wrong.
You can message the seller. Ask for it's condition. The communication of the seller also tell you a lot within this.
And if a detector is broken a seller MUST tell, otherwise you can reclaim. One can not sell something as good if it isn't.

But if you want to be 99% sure. Don't. Then go buy one you can feel, hold, try, hear, etcetera

if you purchase from e-bay
look at the sellers feedback..
and how long they have been selling..
i my self don't take returns
due to the fact that there are some buyers looking
to replace -swap there broken items for a better condition one
then blame the seller stating it was broken or faulty..
homie don't play that game with me..
:D:D:D:D
also now fee-bay charges sales tax on items

Thanks guys, Ordered a used Tesoro from a pawn dealer. The feedback on this dealer looked good, and this dealer appeared to be around for a while. Thanks again, Don

I have purchased 5 detectors and sold 6. I only had one issue where the user did not know how to use it. Just so happens this unit was still under warranty and offered to pay for shipping to send to the manufacturer. We chatted on the phone and he had a lot of EMI. He just need to get out of the house and away from the house when testing. To protect myself I made a video with his mailing address and the unit being tested with coins. After my offer I never heard back from him.

Pawn dealer didn't ship, won't reply.

The detector didn't arrive, and won't reply to messages. He has 3 days to reply then I go to next step. I paid for the Tesoro Golden Sabre2 on Sept. 29, it was to arrive Oct. 16. I sent several messages
for tracking item with no response. This really makes it look bad for honest dealers who strive to satisfy customers. Don't think I'll take any more chances buying from Pawn Shops on Ebay! By the way, I believe most Pawn Shops are run by honest people who try hard to keep good reputation. I deal with local Lawn Shops and would recommend these guys to anyone.

Last edited:
Dealer apologized. Detector shipped

The dealer apologized, shipped detector and offered partial refund. I'm awaiting delivery. I turned down offer for partial refund.

Back
Top Bottom