• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1652 oak tree schilling

DigginLikeADog

I don't post on here too often- I tend to use my Instagram @ConnecticutDetects , but this find was wayyyyyy too good not to share.

After hemming and hawing this morning about where to go, I headed to a plot of land I have permission to detect in the next town over. I've been to this spot a hand full of times and I've had some luck(2 draped bust cents and 1 Mercury dime, various size buckles, and even an early CT Police Lapel Pin), but nothing close to what I hit today.

I decided to take the Equinox 600 out today to do some low and slow detecting, and it was well worth it. about 15 minutes into my hunt, I got a scratchy VDI of 18/20 and a reading off the depth chart. Ill admit that I dug a hugeee plug , and it was still in the bottom of the hole haha. That equinox sniped a paper-thin 1652 OAK TREE SHILLING AT ALMOST A FOOT DOWN!!!

I couldn't believe what I was looking at! Still cant!

HAPPY HUNTING ALL!

Attachments

• schilling 1.jpg
    schilling 1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,824
  • schilling 2.jpg
    schilling 2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,561
  • schillling 3.jpg
    schillling 3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,476
  • schilling 4.jpg
    schilling 4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,539
Last edited:
I can’t even imagine finding a 400 year old coin and definitely not one worth $20,000...unbelievable find! Congrats to you. Simply amazing.

Awesome find. That is the dream. A Massachusetts Tree shilling. Though, technically not 1652. All tree shillings have the date of 1652. Oak trees were minted 1660-1667. I would keel over and die if I dug a 1600's coin I think.

Back
Top Bottom