• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

** 15 Inch Coil .. first day at the Beach Report **

meggie

Elite Member
Tried the new 15"coil out today,worked just the one beach, mainly wet sand.

Three hours produced a Sagittarius Pendant,Buckle Ring & Wedding Band, all 9ct .. total weight 9.4 grams.All were faint but solid signals, between 10" & 12"deep.
A few more green coins and a couple of very old style sinkers as well.
The buckle ring was a first for me but it was just too far corroded with the copper leaching that it broke whilst cleaning it.

It definitely punches deeper than the stock coil.Also didn't notice much difference with the weight & swung very smoothly.
So today has probably paid off half the new coil already .. very happy!

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,190
  • IMG_0300a.jpg
    IMG_0300a.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,142
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,344
Great report! Thanks for sharing. I cannot wait to get out and give mine a try- well once it arrives that is...great finds by the way. That is what we live for. Arrrggghhh

Hi
Excellent result !
I understand tested this is a 15 "coil for Equinox 800 ?

:dingding: That's what I call a maiden voyage! Congrats on the 3 yellows!

Last edited:
Would someone get their feet in the water with this thing? Id really like to know how it moves in moving water and if its worth my dime. I honestly dont want or need it for coverage......... im looking at it for depth OR sensitivity In the water. I want to know IF it has to be turned down like most larger coils in salt water.

Wow, that is impressive, what kind of settings are you running?

Beachmode 2
I set all the target tones to their highest pitch.
Then I set the threshold level to a slight hum,finally I increased the tone pitch to it's highest level (25
Yes every target will sound the same but I can assure you it seems to pick up deeper targets .. Well it works for me!

You gotta remember though, "Your results may vary!" Meggie is not the norm...Lookat his 2018 totals will ya! The damn guy could find gold with a paper plate on the end of a mop handle! Or a Cobra Beach Magnet even!!:laughing:

You gotta remember though, "Your results may vary!" Meggie is not the norm...Lookat his 2018 totals will ya! The damn guy could find gold with a paper plate on the end of a mop handle! Or a Cobra Beach Magnet even!!:laughing:

Heehee, was thinking the same thing :D Meggie has golden sand :grin: In any event, I do appreciate the 1st beach review of the 15" ;)

Back
Top Bottom