MKE-MDG Milwaukee Metal Detecting Group - 7PM on the 1st Tuesday of each Month

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I have been detecting for over 7 years now and have never been to a single meeting.
This is because the nearest club meets about 3 hours away:no:
After speaking with three other forum members, i think there is enough interest to start a club here.

I am sure there are at least 50 forum members within a 30 minute drive.

Please post if you would be interested in getting together one night a month for a bite to eat and some good discussions about detecting.
I know the owner of a Diner in Milwaukee who said we could use their meeting room as well.

Let me know if this is worth my while and I will be happy to head it up!

Last edited:
I'm in if y'all have me

I make it to Milwaukee at least twice a year. It'd be fun to join your group and meet some of y'all. Could a Nebraskan join?

Count me in....it would be fun and a great chance
for some of us to meet in person, people we have
only talked to on the forums.

Meeting Announcement

OK,

I am going to contact as many people as I can for our first meeting, please do the same!
It will be on Tuesday, June 7th at 7:00 PM (First Tuesday of the month).
Location to be most likely Oak Creek Diner on 13th Street just north of Rawson.
Very informal, bring something for show & tell.
Hope to see you there:D

Come one, come all, bring a friend!
I will have several door prizes and I think we have at least 6 guys attending so far:D

Great question, never even thought about it, but of course!
Anybody interested in detecting:yes:

Ha ha, I never asked if spouses who were interested in detecting could go.

Especially since I dont know anyone who detects, who's
spouse is interested in detecting... lol

I dont know, not that a spouse would want to come but I just thought I'd ask :)

Thanks to everybody for coming out, we had 6 guys and spent about an hour and a half talking detecting!
Hope to see more of you next month.
We will shoot for the second Tuesday of the month, due to Independence Day.
Details to follow:D

It was great meeting a few detectorist I haven't met before.

Good stories all around too!!

Thanks for getting this together Mat.....you guys wont want
to miss the next one, it was a lot of fun!

Looks like an hour and a half drive for me to the south side . I am willing to make appearances as a guest speaker or to sit at the autograph table .
There is the small issue of my fees ...
I'm thinkin a pre 65 US dime or possibly a cold malted beverage . Are there breaded cheese curds available?
What about a Sheepshead table?

Looks like an hour and a half drive for me to the south side . I am willing to make appearances as a guest speaker or to sit at the autograph table .
There is the small issue of my fees ...
I'm thinkin a pre 65 US dime or possibly a cold malted beverage . Are there breaded cheese curds available?
What about a Sheepshead table?

Come on down, bring a buddy, split the gas cost:lol:
I'm sure they have cheese curds, and afterwards if folks want to stay and play cards we can.
I will have door prizes and a silver prize just for the person who travels the furthest:yes:

Come on down, bring a buddy, split the gas cost:lol:
I'm sure they have cheese curds, and afterwards if folks want to stay and play cards we can.
I will have door prizes and a silver prize just for the person who travels the furthest:yes:

I was kidding about the fees . Just wanted to meet the gang if there is a mailing list or news letter forming put me on it . A brand new club must start somewhere. Let me know if I can help.

Of course! I have a commitment on July 12th. Hopefully I will be there in August to join in and meet everyone.........or see you out there lookin' around the city for stuff in the dirt! Thanks Matt!

Back
Top Bottom