First trip out with the new Nox = Gold

PAJim

Bought a Nox 800 for myself and a 600 for the wife. We don't live near the beach so really never hunt the beach, but our oldest son and some friends decided to run in the Savage Race in Ocean City MD. So last weekend we headed to OC to watch the race. Decided it would be a good time to play with the new detectors. Late Friday afternoon was low tide so out we went. Being the first time using both machines we set them both on Beach 2 and headed for the wet sand. We both started digging a few clad coins. Then I get a solid sounding 17, after a few good shovel fulls of sand out pops a pendant! Turns out to be 6 grams of 22 karat! Wohooo! Nothing like making enough to buy a new coil on the first trip out! LOL

Both machines ran great in the wet sand. Found more clad and some junk jewelry and had a great time diggin with the wife!

Attachments

• OC1.jpg
    OC1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 641
  • OC2.jpg
    OC2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 584
  • OC3.jpg
    OC3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 592
:dingding: Who do you think you are digging that high carat stuff - Steve in Asia? :lol: What an awesome 1st gold score on a new machine! I bet the 22K chain that went with that is somewhere near too. MAJOR congrats and next time is the wife's turn. :yes:

:dingding: Who do you think you are digging that high carat stuff - Steve in Asia? :lol: What an awesome 1st gold score on a new machine! I bet the 22K chain that went with that is somewhere near too. MAJOR congrats and next time is the wife's turn. :yes:

I spent a few minutes in the area hoping the chain was nearby but it wasn't meant to be! :cool3:! I was really hoping the wife would find something good! She gets soooo excited when she digs a winner!

Dang that is awesome! Makes me realize I need to dig the off numbers like... 17!

I was reading that gold can come in anywhere between 2 and 20 so for the first trip out I told myself to dig everything! Guess who won't be passing up any 17's! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom