** 15 Inch Coil .. first day at the Beach Report **

Love that buckle ring, very neat! Awesome hunt congrats! When I order my nox I’ll be getting the 6” with it. I don’t get much beach hunting lol

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Would someone get their feet in the water with this thing? Id really like to know how it moves in moving water and if its worth my dime. I honestly dont want or need it for coverage......... im looking at it for depth OR sensitivity In the water. I want to know IF it has to be turned down like most larger coils in salt water.
Hi
at frequencies higher than 20 kHz, coils more than 12 "practically do not work, and even more so in salt water! :(

Congrats on the coil and the nice gold finds..You find so much gold that you could justifiably buy any machine or accessories you want,I’m actually jealous.lol..Sure wish I had a beach near me.

"Go big or go home!"
Great report with nice, pretty clean-ups! Glad to hear the big 15 isn't too heavy, and does ping deeper. Good job on working the nox's max depth settings with great results.

Great work Meggie! :cool: I swear by big coils in the water.
Let the other folks vacuum up the fresh dropped clad and junk and I'll get the stuff they can't hear. :grin:

Great work Meggie! :cool: I swear by big coils in the water.
Let the other folks vacuum up the fresh dropped clad and junk and I'll get the stuff they can't hear. :grin:

Depends on the water. Swinging a larger coil in a moving ocean current? And while the coverage of a larger coil in the water might be a benefit any depth benefit is negated because digging deep holes in the ocean is not possible.

Hi
at frequencies higher than 20 kHz, coils more than 12 "practically do not work, and even more so in salt water! :(

But..... only the beach modes work in the salt water ... which are multi freq. So im not sure what you are saying? Most large coils ive used thou, i have had to turn the sensitivity down IN the water thou i can get away without doing that in the wet sand some what. Let me add....... the gold guys seem to like the coverage this coil is giving them..... and they use 40khz. Not much deeper than the standard in those conditions thou.

Salt water can affect advantages of a large coil except coverage...... and pushing it slower might just make that go out the window too.

Wow... nice results! It looked like the weather is calming down somewhat down there, so great hunt.

R5

depends on the water. Swinging a larger coil in a moving ocean current? And while the coverage of a larger coil in the water might be a benefit any depth benefit is negated because digging deep holes in the ocean is not possible.
ok! . thumbsup.gif

Love that red stone belt ring!

I like bigger coils for the wet and dry sand but in the water the smaller coils work better for me. Most think it's all about the coil size but really it's about having your machine setup for the type of hunting you do and knowing how to put that to use. Whether it be a big or smaller coil.

Back
Top Bottom