• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

No one cares until you ask?

Diga

Elite Member
In my city, there is a city park right in the core of downtown. It's exactly 2 blocks x 2 blocks, and has been the home of concerts, fairs, games, sports, etc, etc, for the last 120 years.

I've been reluctant to hunt it, mainly because of the amount of addicts in the park. The police are often there, or driving around the perimeter, and the park has 2 security guards from 9AM to 9PM daily.

I definitely wouldn't go there at night, but I desperately wanted to hunt in there during the day. So, last Sunday, I put on my yellow and red safety vest, and dived in. The first thing I noticed was that the addicts ignored me. Numerous of them walked right by me. I said, "Hi", and they said "Hi" back, or said nothing and kept walking. Plenty of non-addicts walked by me, but just asked if I found anything, or had some questions about detecting that I happily answered. Ditto for the two security guards. The security guards thought the vest was a great idea, and the only reason why I wasn't being bothered by the addicts, was because they're thinking I'm a city worker.

In only the 1.5 hours I was able to hunt there on that first try (with a 6" coil), I bagged the usual clad and junk, but also 6 pieces of bling. 1 of which is a 14 kt ring with stones. 1 is a gold colored "leaf" pendant that is heavy and defintely looks like gold, but has no markings. One of the other pendants is silver and heavy, but has no markings. Anyway, the potential of this site is incredible, and I can't wait to get back there.

What would have happened if I asked someone at city hall to detect there? Guaranteed they would have said no, which would mean I created a damn good reason not to hunt there.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great hunt! Hope you get back there!!

If there are no signs posted prohibiting it, go for it!

Thanks Ron. Nope, no signs.

I've gone to just about every park, playground, and sports field, in my city, and have never seen a no MD'ing sign.

Technically though, most cities (probably all), have a bylaw that states no digging on public property. Although, I use a hand trowel, and am very fast and discreet. I'm glad no one cared :)

Thanks Ron. Nope, no signs.

I've gone to just about every park, playground, and sports field, in my city, and have never seen a no MD'ing sign.

Technically though, most cities (probably all), have a bylaw that states no digging on public property. Although, I use a hand trowel, and am very fast and discreet. I'm glad no one cared :)

That's the way to do it!

You can always say..."Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see any signs prohibiting detecting."

Tom will be excited to read this!

It's good timing, because I owed it to him for recently, and accidently, giving him a jab about the large cents that I find and toss in the garbage :D Granted, I throw them out, because they're too corroded or too worn out.

It's good timing, because I owed it to him for recently, and accidently, giving him a jab about the large cents that I find and toss in the garbage :D Granted, I throw them out, because they're too corroded or too worn out.

You have a noblesse oblige duty to support the impoverished. Please put those large cents into a small cardboard box, covering them with dirt, and send them to Tom so he can get a little thrill.

You have a noblesse oblige duty to support the impoverished. Please put those large cents into a small cardboard box, covering them with dirt, and send them to Tom so he can get a little thrill.

...with no sender name and no return address. We wouldn't hear from him for about a week, as he'd be in the lotus position under the spell of deep introspection and profound contemplation :)

Last edited:
I expected Tom to be all over this by now!?!

Come on buddy, you’re slipping! :D

Tom will be excited to read this!

.....What would have happened if I asked someone at city hall to detect there? Guaranteed they would have said no, .....

haha, you guys are too funny. Yup, the "bee in my bonnet", haha. Good story digalicious.

....Please put those large cents into a small cardboard box, covering them with dirt, and send them to Tom so he can get a little thrill.

Ok ok , there's the 2nd "bee in my bonnet " ! East coast LC's and colonial coppers also make my blood boil. Doh !

Thank you Soil Surgeon.

Good point on the "addict permission".

I leave no trace that I was there. The addicts leave feces and biohazard needles. Yet, I should be concerned about permission? The hell with that!

..... I wonder how many addicts ask for permission to "shoot up" in the park.

.... Good point on the "addict permission".....

Here's the deal : If those addicts had simply gone in ahead of time, asking : "Hi, can I shoot up drugs in the park please ?", then : THEY TOO would have received a "no". And then THEY TOO could start forums like we do, lamenting their lack of freedoms. They too could start forums asking each other where it's legal to shoot up drugs. And then THEY TOO could worry themselves silly about how they "might get arrested", blah blah. See ?

Durned them addicts for not asking "Can I ?" after all :laughing:

Sounds like you had a pretty good hunt, gold is always a great find. Congrats on that for sure..you might wanna get yourself a small can of mase,,they're cheap ,like the ones chics carry when jogging,etc.. hey,you never know when some strung out addict is gonna see your machine as his next fix .......

Here's the deal : If those addicts had simply gone in ahead of time, asking : "Hi, can I shoot up drugs in the park please ?", then : THEY TOO would have received a "no". And then THEY TOO could start forums like we do, lamenting their lack of freedoms. They too could start forums asking each other where it's legal to shoot up drugs. And then THEY TOO could worry themselves silly about how they "might get arrested", blah blah. See ?

Durned them addicts for not asking "Can I ?" after all :laughing:

A druggie forum, interesting concept Tom. I'm sure the avatars and usernames would be interesting. It would probably be owned by a drug lord and sponsored by cartels ,lawyers and bail bondsmen. Hit men could be moderators. All debates would be settled by gun battles. Drug comparison videos would be quite prevalent.Popular questions would be like what's the highest you've ever been? How many times have you OD'd ?
I'd bet there's at least one on the dark web.

Back
Top Bottom