Bottle Dump, Homeless Dump, Just Dump

Dantheman

So, a little while back I went to a nature park which had expanded and extended its trails. I lived by this park and knew it had lots of history. I finally got around to going back and found a spot off of the trail where the past owners prior to it becoming a park dumped their items. It has a history going back to the 1770s with done except becoming a county park.

As I was walking around, I found some items which had me calling the police. The range of items found by me were 1910s until the 1980s.

Oh, so the items I called the police about were a disintegrated passport sitting on top of multiple computer disks from the early 1990s as well as a memory stick. The only remains of the passport were the plasticish sheet that had the women's photo and info and part of the cover. It was issued in 1984 and expired in 1994. I also found small bones scattered (not the size of an adult-more a small animal...or child) all within 10 yards of the passport and computer disks.

As I was alone, I got all sketch about it (plus the disks were personal ones and not program ones). As I waited for the police, I picked up more bottles and metal detected a bit more. The police officer was nice and said he will look it up in their system but I would be surprised what people just ditch in the woods from what he has seen. He also mentioned there was a homeless camp there which was recently moved down the street. Any who, here are some of my finds. All are in my album.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also, any help dating the Mountain Dew bottle would be great. I was able to identify most other bottles. As I am in Maryland, it is nice finding the local bottles.

You see the ridges on the bottom of mountain dew? Those are modern .only bottle worth keeping would be clorox.

You see the ridges on the bottom of mountain dew? Those are modern .only bottle worth keeping would be clorox.

Ah, yea, I figured. I just like the looks and don't sell. Even with them being newer or flooded in the market, I was pretty happy finding some Maryland produced items. Even the Pepsi was bottled at the now closed plant off of I83 in my neck of the woods. I do like the Mt. Dew but did figure it was newer. It was a mix from the homeless that lived there. The toy car ended up being from the 1960s and would have held a small Snoopy figurine.

I like the blue ones and the Clorox. Also the little moss filled bottle. That might be a "chocks" vitamin bottle. Anyone know?

That Mountain Dew bottle looks to have a cone-type top, which is a bit unique. I can’t find an example like it online. Guessing, I’d say early-mid 1970’s.

Amc rulz is right; the Mountain Dew 1969-73 era, as is the Pepsi. These NDNR bottles are really starting to take off among collectors of pop/soda stuff. That Mountain Dew was after they dropped the "hillbilly" logos. The cobalt bottles are liked by women, I have sold bunches to them thru the years. The Clorox bottles I call "over-the-shoulder" bottles because, well, very common, no interest in them but yours looks older say late 20s-30s. Like I always say, keep what you like because thats what collecting is all about.

Last edited:
Amc rulz is right; the Mountain Dew 1969-73 era, as is the Pepsi. These NDNR bottles are really starting to take off among collectors of pop/soda fans. That Mountain Dew was after they dropped the "hillbilly" logos. The cobalt bottles are liked by women, I have sold bunches to them thru the years. The Clorox bottles I call "over-the-shoulder" bottles because, well, very common, no interest in them but yours looks older say late 20s-30s. Like I always say, keep what you like because thats what collecting is all about.

Yea, I will need to go back. There is so much there. I left other bottles such as any beer ones. The Clorox one still has the cork. It is black and I couldn't get it out without chancing it breaking up into pieces. Inside, it looks like there is still some liquid in it and has turned a white tint. I have the rest of the photos in my albums here. There were some neat pieces of bottles but sadly, not much you can do with shards. It was like there was one of every type of bottle in the woods.

That Mountain Dew bottle looks to have a cone-type top, which is a bit unique. I can’t find an example like it online. Guessing, I’d say early-mid 1970’s.

I couldn't either. I figured newer but didn't think I saw any in the past couple years.

I like the blue ones and the Clorox. Also the little moss filled bottle. That might be a "chocks" vitamin bottle. Anyone know?

I still have the moss in it and will see if it stays alive. It is one of the few that had no flaws on it when I picked it up.

I still have the moss in it and will see if it stays alive. It is one of the few that had no flaws on it when I picked it up.

Keep 'er damp and in a window...looks nice like that...I used to put moss collections in glass mayo jars and put them sideways in the windows when I was a youngster.....my dad still reminds me about “Ross’s Mosses”...

Back
Top Bottom