COVID-- enlightening slo-mo video

jimther

Elite Member
I just watched a 15 minute video, produced by the "Slo-Mo" guy of YouTube fame. This was sent to me by a respected fellow MD club member.

After his graphic demonstration, he did a remote interview with Dr. Anthony Fauci while they viewed the demonstration together.

With the new wave of of increased COVID numbers upon us, the knowledge gained from seeing this demonstration [and hearing Fauci's comments] might, just possibly, prevent some infections and save some lives.

Whether or not you decide to view this or share it, I post this only as a well-intentioned "public service announcement" and hope it does not set off a pee-ing contest.

Here is a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/gZ66wJFD3bs

No peeing contest from the Castle! Enlightening video and it should be required viewing by all these people not wearing masks when in public.

KT and the Queen both fall in the over 65 grouping and KT is diabetic, so mask wearing has been accepted among the Royal family when out and about. Social distancing has so far worked well for KT when eating out. :D:D

No peeing contest from the Castle! Enlightening video and it should be required viewing by all these people not wearing masks when in public.

KT and the Queen both fall in the over 65 grouping and KT is diabetic, so mask wearing has been accepted among the Royal family when out and about. Social distancing has so far worked well for KT when eating out. :D:D

Thanks for weighing in, KT. Like you and your queen, we fall into the same demographic, so being cautious. Our state, Massachusetts, has reported over 1,000 new COVID cases each day for the last three days in a row. Have not seen today’s numbers yet.

Unfortunately, the demographic that really needs to see the video and change behaviors will likely not ever see it.

Thanks for weighing in, KT. Like you and your queen, we fall into the same demographic, so being cautious. Our state, Massachusetts, has reported over 1,000 new COVID cases each day for the last three days in a row. Have not seen today’s numbers yet.

Unfortunately, the demographic that really needs to see the video and change behaviors will likely not ever see it.

Yes, jimther, here in Arkansas each day in the past 8 has been higher than the day before, and sets a new record for confiermed case every day. It is frustrating to not go to church and other large gatherings. But better than getting this virus.

So we will just keep keeping on, until a vaccine is approved and available for all the general public. And best of luck to you and your family, also, from all of us in the Castle.

There is no need in this day and age for folks with health conditions to leave home, and expose themselves to a virus. Being recently retired, I have no need to be anywhere but home, no problem! Pantry stacked just like the firewood, totally ready for the next lockdown. Be home out there!

There is no need in this day and age for folks with health conditions to leave home, and expose themselves to a virus. Being recently retired, I have no need to be anywhere but home, no problem! Pantry stacked just like the firewood, totally ready for the next lockdown. Be home out there!

I wish it were that simple. I have several health conditions that put me in the high risk category, but I can’t just stay home. If I don’t go to work, I’ll have no home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe mask can help when inside and you CAN'T social distance. Other common sense measures are equally important. There is always more than one side to a discussion. I'll be the devil's advocate here and say realisticly most people are wearing useless, poor fitted, improperly wearing, repeatedly used, touching mask before/after touching shared items etc. How effective they are may very well only be in people's head. The government has been known to say questionable things to make people fell safer and for other reasons. I don't have any problem with people wearing mask. I do have a big problem with mask wearers being self righteous thinking they're perfect while they could be spreading it. I learned when I was a kid that when my 6 siblings had the flu it was best to stay outside.
I was at the DMV a few weeks ago where mask are required. The chairs were spread out and the lady in front of me had a cough. Everytime she coughed the air would rush between her face and the mask and straight at me. Zero effectiveness. How do I know this you're thinking, because I could see the hair by her ears shoot back at me. I was wearing a mask and I believe I got whatever she had. I got a fever, chills and fatigue for a couple days. That was the only time I was around anyone a week before or after the DMV visit. And yes I don't touch my face and use alcohol after leaving places.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/1...ity-of-people-getting-coronavirus-wore-masks/

Be safe and pray for an effective vaccine soon.

I believe mask can help when inside and you CAN'T social distance. Other common sense measures are equally important. There is always more than one side to a discussion. I'll be the devil's advocate here and say realisticly most people are wearing useless, poor fitted, improperly wearing, repeatedly used, touching mask before/after touching shared items etc. How effective they are may very well only be in people's head. The government has been known to say questionable things to make people fell safer and for other reasons. I don't have any problem with people wearing mask. I do have a big problem with mask wearers being self righteous thinking they're perfect while they could be spreading it. I learned when I was a kid that when my 6 siblings had the flu it was best to stay outside.
I was at the DMV a few weeks ago where mask are required. The chairs were spread out and the lady in front of me had a cough. Everytime she coughed the air would rush between her face and the mask and straight at me. Zero effectiveness. How do I know this you're thinking, because I could see the hair by her ears shoot back at me. I was wearing a mask and I believe I got whatever she had. I got a fever, chills and fatigue for a couple days. That was the only time I was around anyone a week before or after the DMV visit. And yes I don't touch my face and use alcohol after leaving places.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/1...ity-of-people-getting-coronavirus-wore-masks/

Be safe and pray for an effective vaccine soon.
They don’t have a vaccine for the common cold. I’m hoping for a vaccine for a virus that can be whipped up in months, aren’t you?

I wish it were that simple. I have several health conditions that put me in the high risk category, but I can’t just stay home. If I don’t go to work, I’ll have no home.

Whats more important, your health, or your home?

Whats more important, your health, or your home?

Well considering the fact that my family and I require both food and shelter to survive, the answer is both. Not to mention the medications that I depend on. Those cost $$$ too. Like I said, for some of us it’s not as simple as “just stay home”.

Well considering the fact that my family and I require both food and shelter to survive, the answer is both. Not to mention the medications that I depend on. Those cost $$$ too. Like I said, for some of us it’s not as simple as “just stay home”.

Of course life’s not simple. I also have to provide food and shelter for my family along with car payments, mortgage, ins, medical bills, etc, etc, but if I lose my health I could lose it all. There are always options, like working from home. Millions do it.

Last edited:
Of course life’s not simple. I also have to provide food and shelter for my family along with car payments, mortgage, ins, medical bills, etc, etc, but if I lose my health I could lose it all. There are always options, like working from home. Millions do it.

I have a construction business. How would I do that from home ? How do the local business owners that have eateries or other service businesses supposed to work from home ?

I have a construction business. How would I do that from home ? How do the local business owners that have eateries or other service businesses supposed to work from home ?
Career change, I’ve had several in my lifetime. There are always options. One could capitalize on current events. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

Career change, I’ve had several in my lifetime. There are always options. One could capitalize on current events. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

What if you love what you do ? What about the homes that need work ? Are people supposed to just let them rot away ? Or do we leave that for some other person ?

Nothing in life is guaranteed. Exactly. So live scared like many want you to or just live and enjoy. Imma go with the latter.

What if you love what you do ? What about the homes that need work ? Are people supposed to just let them rot away ? Or do we leave that for some other person ?

Nothing in life is guaranteed. Exactly. So live scared like many want you to or just live and enjoy. Imma go with the latter.
Non of my business, but I’m assuming you are at higher risk with medical issues (which is the point of my argument about staying home) otherwise, I agree that we can’t live our lives in fear.

They don’t have a vaccine for the common cold. I’m hoping for a vaccine for a virus that can be whipped up in months, aren’t you?
Yes I have known for years there's no vaccine for the common cold because there are hundreds of viruses that cause it and it's not dangerous. I didn't have a cold. Fever, chills and fatigue aren't symptoms of a cold but are of the flu. I would think any educated person on the planet would know when I said pray for a vaccine would know I was referring to a covid-19 vaccine.

Back
Top Bottom