Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 08-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Elite Member

Default Humm..What headphones with the Etrac????

Whats a good choice for Etrac headphones????, not sure about the Koss stock phones look pretty bulky. Im runnig Avio wireless on my ATpro and usually cover only one ear, there great. Thinking about using those but if theres better out there just asking for advice...Thanks! Just picky about comfort. also like em lightweight without losing good performance.

oops, Wrong section sorry mods

Thanks in advance

Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 AM

Sunray pro golds or Grey ghost ultimate. I have the Grey ghost on mine and love them. Tones are very sharp and clear. You want go wrong with either one.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:13 AM
THE JUICE

i run my etrac with the auvio's, love it and wouldn't think of goin wired again

Old 08-25-2012, 11:39 AM

DP do you have a link as to were I can get those?

Old 08-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fisher View post
I am a HUGE fan of the Sun Ray Pro Golds for the E-Trac. GREAT volume and fit and finish is outstanding!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
405-206-9010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Authorized

Minelab partner of year 2012, Customer service awards '12 and '13.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Elite Member

Get the Killer B's Killer B Makes them for Sunray and you can get the same headphone since they are made by Killer B for Sunray.

. MINELAB , WHITES, FISHER, TEKNETICS,GARRETT,DETECTOR PRO,SUNRAY,SUNSPOT,RTG.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:55 PM

My Koss headphones are OK but are very big over my ears which is good in the winter but not in the summer. Had a problem when putting the detector down all the time ... the wire in the audio jack broke and had to find a new jack ... for some reason they are not so easy to come by here in Japan.
Decided to buy and try the TDK WR700 wireless headphones. They are great! No delay in the signal and very clear sound. Thought the size was going to be a problem as they sit on your ear but no problem there. Less sweating and they are very comfortable to wear.
Had to purchase an extension lead for the transmitter to tuck it away under the arm rest. Still looking for a good way to attach it but have been using a glove in the mean time.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 AM
THE JUICE

unfortunatly they have been discontinued, every now and then you can run across a pair in the classifieds or on ebay, infact i believe there is a guy selling a couple pairs of wireless which are said to be very comparable to the auvios on the classifieds now for 40 bucks........http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=124936
one thing i do suggest is getting an inline volume control so the transmitter can be velcro'd to the side of the detector insted of hangin sticking out the back of the headphone jack (radio shack has he inline volume controls for under 10 bucks)

Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM

Thanks DP I will check them out. The GG are great but hot as hades in the summer time.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:49 PM
Elite Member

Sunray pro golds or Grey ghost ultimate. I have the Grey ghost on mine and love them. Tones are very sharp and clear. You want go wrong with either one.
Excellent selections.

Old 10-15-2021, 07:32 AM

I havenít been on here in awhile. My Etrac and mxt are collecting dust lol. How have you been Martin. Found anything good lately b

Old 10-16-2021, 11:29 AM
Elite Member

I havenít been on here in awhile. My Etrac and mxt are collecting dust lol. How have you been Martin. Found anything good lately b
Movin' a lot slower, finding less and less but get surprised every once in a while. My Whites and FBS machines are getting dusty also.