• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Eq battery replacement

You can't change it yourself and no one knows what it will cost you for the factory to replace the battery because Minelab won't say. I heard that when the battery goes bad you throw the entire detector away and buy a new one. Something like a disposable lighter. If someone knows the cost, please share.

beephead

You can't change it yourself and no one knows what it will cost you for the factory to replace the battery because Minelab won't say. I heard that when the battery goes bad you throw the entire detector away and buy a new one. Something like a disposable lighter. If someone knows the cost, please share.

beephead

Rubbish....its replaceable. Just google it.

https://md-hunter.com/minelab-equinox-battery-replacement-teardown/

Even if the proprietary battery cost $100 wouldnt it be worth it?

Didn't I read where the guy that fell with his Nox was told 180.00 by Minelab for a new control head? So a battery has to be cheaper than that. Like was said.....even a 100.00 would be worth it.

Didn't I read where the guy that fell with his Nox was told 180.00 by Minelab for a new control head? So a battery has to be cheaper than that. Like was said.....even a 100.00 would be worth it.

hmmm...if the control head was only 180, it seems like you could build your own Nox for less than retail.

180 for the head
180 for a 6" coil

Say another 200 for the rods.

I just woke up so I may be forgetting something, but that would be 560 or so.

After all this time, as far as I know, Minelab hasn't quoted a price to replace a simple battery. I think it was by design because they don't want you to know the cost. If someone knows that price, spit it out. BTW, I love my Nox.

beephead

hmmm...if the control head was only 180, it seems like you could build your own Nox for less than retail.

180 for the head
180 for a 6" coil

Say another 200 for the rods.

I just woke up so I may be forgetting something, but that would be 560 or so.

That's using your noggin. Yeah go ahead and call Minelab and tell them to ship you out a Nox 800 control head for $180 dollars because you want to upgrade your Nox 600 and see what kind of response you'll get. Better yet, ask them to switch it out for you for $180 dollars. lol

beephead

Be advised here. Minelab has not stated anywhere publically that they will replace or furnish a control head for $180 as being routine.

The gent who fell on his detector, Minelab was being generous and helped them out. By charging $180 with owner paying to and fro shipping.

This what happened was handled by Minelab on a what they call case by case basis. I think this is mentioned on their webpage.

I posted the link below on this forum initially, mainly wanting to broadcast how fast Minelab responded and yes it seems even handled the broken detector with fast service. The costs involved were not the driver for me posting. Granted I do think Minelab was generous.

Here is post made by person who broke their Nox.
From this actual thread/link.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,162208

Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sent the Equinox in to the service center on Wed
> nesday, and Friday I get a call that they have rep
> laced the control pod and are sending it back that
> same day. Talk about fast.
>
> Total cost with shipping both ways was $223.
>
> I was told that this was a special one time deal.
> The standard replacement cost is normally a lot mo
> re than what I paid. Nice people and extremely fas
> t service.

Last edited:
Yeah....So many posts so little memory cells. Great for Minelab to help the person out. No way do I want to intrude on or tarnish the great deal offered. Nice job Minelab.

As far as battery replacement.....The way I tend to fall for the latest and greatest detector out there I doubt I will ever need one. But the ability to mail in just the head because of easy removal from the rod is a plus for those that eventually will.

Excellent reply jl1252. I was hoping that beephead was kidding, but who knows?

Right? Wasnt sure if his reply was tounge and cheek or staight up hating on the Equinox. I had sensed the sarcasm, and replied similarly.

Whatever the case, if my battery bites the dust within the warranty period i will send it in. Afterwards, i will take care of it myself. Its a 3.7v 5000mah 1S battery, how much can it cost?

I have had my battery out of my Equinox and it seems to be a standard size battery that is readily available online. Just a few screws and you can pop the battery right out.

I have had my battery out of my Equinox and it seems to be a standard size battery that is readily available online. Just a few screws and you can pop the battery right out.

Its labeled as a 26650 cell. Theoretically, one could put a higher capacity cell in the when it comes time to replace it.

beephead

Where did you hear this?:dontthinkso:

Actual battery cost for a 5000 mAh cell as used in the Equinox is less than $25 retail. (26650,3.7v.)

Back
Top Bottom