Old Copper Culture...Bucket lister. Triangulate spear point 6000-7000 years old

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
Time is wearing down for this year and I was chasing 100 silver and 20 Indians and the only realistic number is the Indian since I’m at 19 for the year. Trapper (jack&jill) set up a hunt with me and Dewsweeper today along with Bert (LOL) at a local park I hate ...I really do it’s just a bizzare park with tough digs. Knowing we have a blizzard rolling today out time was limited. Dewsweeper was fashionably late so I made my way over to him to chat..as always we talk about life, detectors and simple catching up. As we’re talking I’m swinging my 3030 and I don’t even think I have my phones on and I hear a whisper tone showing 12-41/2 with iron at about 9 inches. I tell him “well we’re taking might as well dig this nail”. Rest is history...don’t know a lot about it yet but it made my day.

c28d47583efbc57f77e5736720c4fe29.jpg
14a43d426e0c28a1650645f04f834770.jpg
a6ec607b2adbdb6775f45a8cb218b5c1.jpg
c95bc4989b9e1c50964cd2bf6a15eba7.jpg
57dcdc26450fe18a05610ee2b7d32907.jpg
6aeec79b3dc5d6151642ef08eb02754a.jpg
aea2149bb244fba2518010cd4a81fea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any input of what exactly it is would be great!! I know cooper culture but what type of tool or what we is it? Seems small for a spearhead though it’s long

I know you hate that park, even when its good to you. I got to agree it is a tough hunt there but it has been pretty good to me. That Spear Point is a fantastic dig and its in great condition. A lot better than the 1909s VDB that just maybe is under all the green build up that covers that coin.

Was hoping you would post that great looking cosmetic tin from our last hunt as that is very impressive also. Congrats my friend on some very super recoveries. Trapper

I know you hate that park, even when its good to you. I got to agree it is a tough hunt there but it has been pretty good to me. That Spear Point is a fantastic dig and its in great condition. A lot better than the 1909s VDB that just maybe is under all the green build up that covers that coin.

Well maybe I just like that park again. Saved the compact pics for another thread

Last edited:
Lol I do t hate that park it’s just tough on me till today and here is that compact case
43e335aef625541595292022d3b1aacf.jpg
018a83426d8b65d6f52585c3058f1e2a.jpg

Wow Mike the Compact Case is even more impressive than when you showed me the pics on your phone. One heck of a job cleaning it up. I posted my Merc's on the Coinshooter's area. I know my eyes are bad but that second Merc I thought was a "42" well it is a 1920 after I washed the dirt off. Trapper

Mike , I am so privlaged to have been standing at your side as you pulled that amaizing point .( out of your back yard ) The most beutiful point I have ever seen in person . Thing belongs in a glass case with two armed guards standing behind it 🤔.

I do not recall you re scanning that hole for friends .
You may have missed out on that 20th Indian head .
Oh well
🙂
What a mindblowing example of a spear point .
,Dew

You have GOT to be THE luckiest guy to ever walk in shoe leather to basically ACCIDENTALLY find that thing you know...do you have ANY idea what the chances are of that?? It just goes to show that the more time the coil is snooping around,the more likely you are to make finds! That’s totally insane Mike,I don’t know how else to put it. Insane. I’d say you found your 20th “Indian”!

Had a author of a book on OCC leave me this

“Estimates 6-7 thousand years old. Oldest of all types”. Still blows my mind away.

Last edited:
I am so surprised that this thread has not received more attention. I guess people just don't realize the significance of this find. The Spear Point dates 4 to 5000 thousand years before the birth of Christ. The condition is just plain fantastic. Most in this hobby will never see a find of this history in our life times. I can say a recovery of this magnitude sure makes my Silver insignificant. Again a huge Congrats! Trapper

I am so surprised that this thread has not received more attention. I guess people just don't realize the significance of this find. The Spear Point dates 4 to 5000 thousand years before the birth of Christ. The condition is just plain fantastic. Most in this hobby will never see a find of this history in our life times. I can say a recovery of this magnitude sure makes my Silver insignificant. Again a huge Congrats! Trapper

It’s kinda crazy it hasn’t seen much attention and only from the ones who know how significant of a discovery it really is. The condition is crazy detailed and nice thinking how long this thing bounces around life without ever getting bent or crushed, or even me almost cutting it in half with a shovel..lol. It’s kinda strange owning one in this condition just sitting on my kitchen table waiting for a new home. “Before Christ” never really sits in till you think about it. Love our conversation yesterday around it and truly could never think of a better guy to share that hunt with. We pounded the turf all year long together and almost got me to the two goals I set from the beginning. Goals or not it will never matter after this dig ...fulfill all my goals and probably never dig another.

It’s kinda crazy it hasn’t seen much attention and only from the ones who know how significant of a discovery it really is. The condition is crazy detailed and nice thinking how long this thing bounces around life without ever getting bent or crushed, or even me almost cutting it in half with a shovel..lol. It’s kinda strange owning one in this condition just sitting on my kitchen table waiting for a new home. “Before Christ” never really sits in till you think about it. Love our conversation yesterday around it and truly could never think of a better guy to share that hunt with. We pounded the turf all year long together and almost got me to the two goals I set from the beginning. Goals or not it will never matter after this dig ...fulfill all my goals and probably never dig another.

Mike you should definitely take it to a Museum or Expert and have it looked at.. never know they may want to buy it form you.

Mike you should definitely take it to a Museum or Expert and have it looked at.. never know they may want to buy it form you.

It’s been a thought but more concerned they will take it from me legally. I need to look at options with this piece and determine what’s my best option.

Back
Top Bottom