SunRay headphones and the Minelab / Equinox 1/8" -1/4" headphone adapter

Mikey48

Forum Supporter
I am looking for any first hand information on whether the Minelab Equinox Metal Detector Headphone Adapter Cable [MPN #3011-0369 ] functions properly with SunRay Pro Gold headphones without using an additonal adapter. I have not gotten a response from several Minelab dealers that I've contacted nor from SunRay. Someone knows the answer to this question. I wonder if they are here on Friendly.
I hate to spend $40 to find out, especially if the answer is NO.

Depends on which Sun Ray gold headphones you have?
Works with the ones with the red volume knobs. Selector switch must be in the center position.

The ones with the yellow knobs work, but don't turn off the detector speaker. Sound from the headphones and detector at the same time. But if you add an additional stereo to mono adapter between the headphones and Minelab cable, this will stop the sound from the detector.

I have Grey Ghost NDT headphones. I would not buy the $40 Minelab cord, and instead go with the $3 adapter from Amazon, then use the additional Stereo to Mono adapter like what Jeff mentioned. Really not worth $40 to not turn off the speaker...

Thanks Jeff and Romeo7 for the information. I have the "yellow knob" Sunrays so the added adapter is needed to use the minelab cord.

Back
Top Bottom