Hawaii?

CarsonChris

Elite Member
Anyone on here hunt in Hawaii? My cousin owns a large spread there and told me I’m welcome to hunt her ranch. I want to hit a beach if I go. Recommended detectors in Hawaii? I have AT pro.

ATPro in the high sand might work. It’s going to start getting false signals the closer to the water you get in the wet sand. I used an Excalibur ii when I lived there.

Excal, Dual Field, Equinox at the beach.
Anything discriminating will work in the dirt.
Happy hunting:yes:

i think there is to much black sand for your AT pro in hawaii PI Machine would be your best bet :D from what ive read about hawaii beaches :D

I wonder if anybody is working those inland fresh water swimming holes below the waterfalls in Hawaii? I would guess so...Seems like a good place where people are jumping off the rocks and all..:?:.

So you are saying you are huh? :laughing: Good Lord! If a guy had to worry about all of the bugs out there, in the dirt or in the water, a fellow would never leave the house!

We got Lepto up here but that dont stop us from detecting! Its considered a condiment!

I bet theres guys that snorkel into those Hawaiian tourist waterfall swimming holes and pull big stinky gold! Probably YOU!

...I'da posted the same thing though, to protect my honey hole!..but I'da also mentioned Bull sharks, crackbumrapists, banded sea krates and Lampreys for full discouragement effect!...:laughing:

So you are saying you are huh? :laughing: Good Lord! If a guy had to worry about all of the bugs out there, in the dirt or in the water, a fellow would never leave the house!

We got Lepto up here but that dont stop us from detecting! Its considered a condiment!

I bet theres guys that snorkel into those Hawaiian tourist waterfall swimming holes and pull big stinky gold! Probably YOU!

...I'da posted the same thing!..but also mentioned Bull sharks, crackbumrapists, and Lampreys...:laughing:

Hawaii, pfft. Lightweights. We have polar bears and creeping gungi.

.:wow:

Hawaii, pfft. Lightweights. We have polar bears and creeping gungi.

.:wow:

I dont know Brother!..Polar Bears we can handle, since we have been dealing with them since we were kids, so we got that, NBD......its the new age crackbumrapists up there hanging around in the parking lot and camping out in the portashidders?..:?:...This guy brings up Lepto as a Hawaii detectorists deterrant?

Hows about stepping barefoot in a smoking hot fresh drop HepC positive beach bumturd!?:laughing: thats gotta count for something! Just for clad or a towel?!

Yeah, the migrating Polar bears are a welcomed sight in West Michigan! Safe place to hunt! They keep the West Michigan beaches clean of Hep C+ crackbums, Craigslistqueers, Minelabbers, and most Wisconsonites....:laughing:

Last edited:
I dont know Brother!..Polar Bears we can handle, since we have been dealing with them since we were kids, so we got that, NBD......its the new age crackbumrapists up there hanging around in the parking lot..:?:.

No worries there old son they are drawn to nailpolish, manbuns, pachouli and harmonizing banjo music.
Just have some Marlyn Manson or even old school Motley Crue ready to blast out of your old car speakers and they'll run away like little girls.

If you really want to be mean lure them in close with some softly playing mumford and son, and then fast as lightning switch to Ted Nugent really loud!
One solid blast of WANGO TANGO and their heads will explode like the aliens in mars attacks.

:cool:

No worries, Aquaman has bed space in the hospital to take care of you when you do contract this wonderful bug....:laughing:

Leptos about as much fun as Rat Lungworm Disease.

Granted, I have hunted at the base of waterfalls and yes I have found stuff but after you care for someone with permanent brain damage from Lepto...the rewards don't justify the risk. Just my 2cents. You wanna come hunt the waterfalls here Mud-Puppy...they're all yours:lol:

Granted, I have hunted at the base of waterfalls and yes I have found stuff but after you care for someone with permanent brain damage from Lepto...the rewards don't justify the risk. Just my 2cents. You wanna come hunt the waterfalls here Mud-Puppy...they're all yours:lol:

I'm so sorry Aquaman...I didnt know..I feel like a real dink for trying to be funny about something so serious that you have had to deal with on a personal level, and gave good warning about it to the Forum...

I gotta agree with Aquaman on this. After hunting one waterfall last year I was treated for lepto and I’m not going back!

Sorry to hear that Numil. Maunawili is in particular known for high lepto counts.
I stick to the ocean and even that as of late has been sketchy with high fecal bacteria counts:no: With rain comes brown water advisories...get ready, it appears we may be getting some rain this week.

I've used the Whites Surf PI Dual Field over there a lot.....works excellent in dry, wet, or submerged sand! Watch out on West Maui though, a lot of the local detectorists seem to think they own the beaches and really get angry when they see us "howlie" detectorists invading their beaches. I don't back down but detect well away from other detectorists.

I've used the Whites Surf PI Dual Field over there a lot.....works excellent in dry, wet, or submerged sand! Watch out on West Maui though, a lot of the local detectorists seem to think they own the beaches and really get angry when they see us "howlie" detectorists invading their beaches. I don't back down but detect well away from other detectorists.

I’ve heard a lot about the Islanders being hard to deal with. My cousins ranch is old and has 50 acres, I can hunt it all I want. I hope it has some lost loot!

My cousins property is for sale if you have the money?

Back
Top Bottom