.7 Grams Shy of a Honker

jjm861

Elite Member
As Tom's thread has indicated, we had some good swells here in So. Cal. the last couple of days. In fact, the 10' swells moved the towel line back 5-6 feet according to one of the beach cams I keep an eye on.

Lots of target to keep me busy for the 6 hour hunt yesterday. A good amount of clad as well as a couple of keepers. I thought for sure with all the sand movement, I was going to score at least one gold. Sure enough, I was very fortunate to find a men's 14k band weighing in at 9.30g....just a little bit shy of a Honker.

As a bonus, I also found a 1952 Washington pictured right below "Mr. Starfish".

However, one of the best memories of the day was seeing fellow forum members Compass and Romy swinging on the beach. Both Compass and Romy are not only awesome hunters, but are also just good dudes.

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 673
Thanks for the kind words Jeff and congrats on that awesome ring! It's always great to see you too my friend. :yes: Despite the great opportunity, yesterday just wasn't my day- hunting wise. A little silver pendant was the best I could do with all that gold within reach! :no:

As Tom's thread has indicated, we had some good swells here in So. Cal. the last couple of days. In fact, the 10' swells moved the towel line back 5-6 feet according to one of the beach cams I keep an eye on.

Lots of target to keep me busy for the 6 hour hunt yesterday. A good amount of clad as well as a couple of keepers. I thought for sure with all the sand movement, I was going to score at least one gold. Sure enough, I was very fortunate to find a men's 14k band weighing in at 9.30g....just a little bit shy of a Honker.

As a bonus, I also found a 1952 Washington pictured right below "Mr. Starfish".

However, one of the best memories of the day was seeing fellow forum members Compass and Romy swinging on the beach. Both Compass and Romy are not only awesome hunters, but are also just good dudes.

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

Awesome to see you too my friend ! Thanks for the kind words =) I am glad ya got some chunky gold, all the gold i have seen lately keeps me coming back for more, I'm on a slump. but theres always tomorrow, thats what i say. Good On Ya Bud, Hope to see ya on the sand again real soon =)

:dingding:Very nice thickness on that ring - no wonder it weighs so much! Was Romy doing the barefoot thing? :lol:

Thats a good hunt there. Right now if i find that many coins........ id have to be the one dropping them.:laughing:

Nice! That looks like a rather well aged piece of oh-so-buttery goodness!
You got a decent haul of clad and silver too...working the beach at the right time and place.

Love that color! Looks like more then 14k, Very nice save!

Thanx for the So. CA beach report. Luv that pix of the honker sitting pretty on the scale :p

Back
Top Bottom