• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

NOX issue?

Silver_Seeker

Elite Member
Has anyone heard of this or experienced it?

My Equinox 800 keeps restarting. I'll be detecting and it just shuts off and restarts.

I've owned two, a 600 and 800 long enough for the warranties to expire and neither of mine ever did that.

I assume your battery indicator showed black bars left.

The NOX800 was bought in April of 2020.

I charge it overnight after every use. It isn't low power, it just shuts off and restarts but otherwise is fine. It typically does this a few times then stops.

I'm perplexed!

The NOX800 was bought in April of 2020.

I charge it overnight after every use. It isn't low power, it just shuts off and restarts but otherwise is fine. It typically does this a few times then stops.

I'm perplexed!

Try not charging them until two hunts. Batteries these days suffer from topping off daily, unless they are really low. Try not topping them off for 2 hunts, and see if your startup is still the same.

Is this a startup issue or later in the hunt?

Last edited:
I'll give it a try.

The restart issue happens for a while (maye 20 minutes) then seems to stop.

Maybe I should run the battery dead first?

I have a 600 and this exact issue happened to me, I would charge the battery full and it was draining fast and when it was down to 2 bars it would start doing what yours was doing. I ended up sending mine into minelab and they replaced the whole pod with a new one.

My 800 did something like yours is doing. It would shut down on it's own. At first it could be restarted but after a about a week it would not power on. The whole pod was replaced. This was in early 2019 the detector was only 2 months old. They fixed it very fast back then. I bet you will have to send it in.

My 800 did something like yours is doing. It would shut down on it's own. At first it could be restarted but after a about a week it would not power on. The whole pod was replaced. This was in early 2019 the detector was only 2 months old. They fixed it very fast back then. I bet you will have to send it in.

Thanks for the info. I plan on running it dead, recharging it and seeing how it goes. But at least I know it's not totally unique to my machine and at least Minelab will know what to do with it.

Thanks for the info. I plan on running it dead, recharging it and seeing how it goes. But at least I know it's not totally unique to my machine and at least Minelab will know what to do with it.

I was pretty upset at the time. The detector was like I said 2 months old. I will say I have not had a hiccup since. It's been used a lot. From 100 degrees to freezing. Left in vehicle in high heat and freezing temps. Charged a ridiculous amount of times and still has the original battery. Never babied, but not abused.

It seems Minelab doesn't repair them. They just replace the pod. And from other posts I've read there seems to be a parts shortage. I would milk it to the last as long as the warranty allows. This may be a dumb question but did you try a factory reset. I remember in the early days of the Equinox when the machine was having strange behavior some would do 3 factory resets in a row. And in some cases it seemed to help. Good luck. Mark

Back
Top Bottom