Where To Get Whites V3i Coils

The Rebel

Forum Supporter
Looks like I might need to get a new D2 coil. The darn plastic casing wire by the connector has cracked & I fear my coil may be going. Very glad I still have the 6x10 Eclipse as a backup.

I reached out to Centerville Electronics, but they do not repair the connectors. Any ideas who if anyone besides Centerville sell / repairs Whites coils?

Last edited:
I think one of the last folks that could do a repair is in Plainwell, Michigan. You'll have to Google it though, I don't know if he's a sponsor here or not.

--Matt

I would ditch the D2 coil and get a Detech 8x6. That coil really works better than the D2 coil and the 6x10 coil. I simply wouldn't buy another D2. You could probably just epoxy your cracked connector, or just use it like it is until you actually see it failing. Hope this helps.

What Whites machine do you have?

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I have a V3i.

Sadly, with Whites gone I'll have to switch to another company someday, as parts will be so hard to find.

Thanks guys! I have a V3i.

Sadly, with Whites gone I'll have to switch to another company someday, as parts will be so hard to find.

Hopefully all the extras floating around will keep you going a good bit. I got some V rated coils. Just not a D2. I actually met my girlfriend thanks to Whites. We both used a DFX and would run across each others comments on the forums including this one.

If you visit the Garrett web site you'll see 2 repair centers listed for White's machines. I don't know if they do coils but worth a try.

I would ditch the D2 coil and get a Detech 8x6. That coil really works better than the D2 coil and the 6x10 coil. I simply wouldn't buy another D2. You could probably just epoxy your cracked connector, or just use it like it is until you actually see it failing. Hope this helps.

What Whites machine do you have?

I found that to be the case on my MXT... the 8x6 is my go to coil... its awesome...

I found that to be the case on my MXT... the 8x6 is my go to coil... its awesome...

Look at the Detech 10x12 coil for the M6, yet it is darned hard to beat the 950 concentric coil. I have a 10x12 on one of my M6 units now. I also put those two SEF coils on my Etrac in short order and have been just as satisfied.

Bad thing for V3i owners is that it is getting seriously hard to find an 8x6 for the V, but the 10x12 coils can still be found. Sorry if I maybe sound like a salesman for Detech, they just stood out, especially the 8x6 coil. I can't find one today in searches, for use on the V3i, and I have really looked.

If I was still an avid user of the V3i now, and had a faulty D2, I would jump on the 10x12 Detech. It too, will become unavailable for the V3 series. jm2c

My go to coil has always been the 6 x 10. Have the Detect 8 x 6 but can’t say it ever did as well for me as the 6 x 10 eclipse.
That’s just me. Don’t use the V3i as much these days but not getting rid of it

My go to coil has always been the 6 x 10. Have the Detect 8 x 6 but can’t say it ever did as well for me as the 6 x 10 eclipse.
That’s just me. Don’t use the V3i as much these days but not getting rid of it

The Whites 6x10 coils was my most useless coil. Depth was only 6 inches. The Whites gurus stated it was a 6 inch depth coil, nothing more.That detech 8x6 kicks butt @ 9 inches. Can you say that you have dug 9 inch coins, in actual ground, not sand, with your Whites 6x10 coil? No, you haven't.

Now, the Whites 4x6 coil is outstanding!

Well Martin I don’t doubt what your telling me. In all honesty I don’t know that I’ve given that Detech enough of a chance.
I have a pretty challenging little test garden that I did almost 2 years ago. I need to give that Detech a go there. I’d kind of written it off.

Well Martin I don’t doubt what your telling me. In all honesty I don’t know that I’ve given that Detech enough of a chance.
I have a pretty challenging little test garden that I did almost 2 years ago. I need to give that Detech a go there. I’d kind of written it off.

Try running the null test on both the D2 and the 8x6 Detech. Sensitivity of 15. You know the drill. My D2 passed but not with turbo mode switched on. Whites used to say it needed to pass at 15 and with turbo, but they dropped the turbo requirement. My Detech never failed even with turbo. My old D2 wouldn't pass now at a simple 15 sensitivity. It is toast. I should try it on my M6. Thanks for the idea.

I don't have a clue how the SEF coils work in salt water conditions. In all of my detecting years, I have never hunted a salt water beach. I understand that the D2 wasn't great in salt either. Concentric was the coil for that.

Hopefully all the extras floating around will keep you going a good bit. I got some V rated coils. Just not a D2. I actually met my girlfriend thanks to Whites. We both used a DFX and would run across each others comments on the forums including this one.

That's a great story. Perhaps a MD Dating website is in order OnlyMetalDetecorists.com :lol::lol:

If you visit the Garrett web site you'll see 2 repair centers listed for White's machines. I don't know if they do coils but worth a try.

Yep, that's who I reached out to Centerville Electronic's.

What makes you think your D2 is going bad? Post a picture of that crack if you can.

It's starting to false when I wiggle the wire. This is perhaps my 3rd coil to have this happen.

That's a great story. Perhaps a MD Dating website is in order OnlyMetalDetecorists.com :lol::lol:

Yep, that's who I reached out to Centerville Electronic's.

It's starting to false when I wiggle the wire. This is perhaps my 3rd coil to have this happen.

May be your bulk head connector, but I gotta ask again,,,how does your coils do in the null testing at sensitivity set at 15?

Does your trusted 6x10 coil do the same thing when you have it installed, by wiggling the wire?

Martin- can you remind me how to do the null test? Thanks

If you've not tested it in lifted air yet, take it and hold the coil waist high in front of you while the gain is set to 15, in 3 frequency. If it won't pass that, your coil is bad. It must stay stable.

Do a full factory reset before the testing.

***DO NOT SELECT CALIBRATION IN THE FACTORY RESET PROCESS ROUTINE***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ddGIOW4bU

Last edited:
I feel like I’m kind of hi-jacking the original thread but not a lot of discussion on Whites detectors as they don’t dominate like they once did.
Anyway, Martin I did the nul test as you described after the factory reset and the 8 x 6 Coiltek passed fine with sensitivity at 15. The 8 x 10 eclipse was good at 14 but overloaded at 15. Need to test my other coils but I guess I need to assume the Eclipse has a problem.
TX boost was off.

Back
Top Bottom