CTX 3030 Discrimination on the Fly

szugelder

I have to start this by saying I'm the kind of guy that digs pretty much every signal, (I've learned to walk past the foil signals - ha ha.) After digging a few pull tabs on Saturday with the exact same target id, I was wondering how to get my machine to ignore that signal, when I'm out in the field.

The CTX 3030 has an accept / reject button and I started researching the functionality of that button and experimented with it on Sunday. What I discovered was I was making permanent changes to my discrimination pattern and that's not what I was hoping for.

I'm looking for something similar to the V540 where I can tell it to ignore 15/16's by pressing one button. To take it one step further, I'd like the machine to 'reset' itself when i turn it off, (like the V540.) I haven't discovered that functionality in the CTX 3030 yet, thanks.

I have to start this by saying I'm the kind of guy that digs pretty much every signal, (I've learned to walk past the foil signals - ha ha.) After digging a few pull tabs on Saturday with the exact same target id, I was wondering how to get my machine to ignore that signal, when I'm out in the field.

The CTX 3030 has an accept / reject button and I started researching the functionality of that button and experimented with it on Sunday. What I discovered was I was making permanent changes to my discrimination pattern and that's not what I was hoping for.

I'm looking for something similar to the V540 where I can tell it to ignore 15/16's by pressing one button. To take it one step further, I'd like the machine to 'reset' itself when i turn it off, (like the V540.) I haven't discovered that functionality in the CTX 3030 yet, thanks.

Yep.
You disc out segment(s) you have to put them back in. No auto function.
You can create yourself multiple patterns though and choose.

Last edited:
The CTX will turn on exactly as you shut it off. Not sure how the 540 works but if you disc something out, it’s out…until you open that area again. I’m not exactly clear on what you want to do though.

I forget exactly how to do it but you can do a fast discrimination pattern swap on the ctx. Yes you need to set it up beforehand but I think it may be more along the lines of what you are looking for.

Like others have mentioned the CTX doesnt have a reset to defaults pattern. If you want that, choose a pattern that is wide open and choose the same pattern as the swap and start editing it. Swap between the two as needed.

I appreciate all the feedback. It sounds like step one might be to 'save' the discrimination pattern i use the most and name it something new. Then when I'm out detecting, use and edit the saved pattern until i get the machine set up the way I want it, thanks.

I appreciate all the feedback. It sounds like step one might be to 'save' the discrimination pattern i use the most and name it something new. Then when I'm out detecting, use and edit the saved pattern until i get the machine set up the way I want it, thanks.

That is what I do. I have one mode I save for parks and another one for relics that opens up the area for 3 ringer bullets. You have 10 slots for 10 new programs and I find that the quickest way to handle that problem.

Back
Top Bottom