Rattle in ML Wireless Headphones!

clearwatermike

Elite Member
It sounds and feels like speaker or something came loose and is rattling around in the ear cup. It's well past the warranty period, and Minelab customer service said they don't work on this item, and that it would be better to buy a new set of headphones.

It sounds and feels like speaker or something came loose and is rattling around in the ear cup. It's well past the warranty period, and Minelab customer service said they don't work on this item, and that it would be better to buy a new set of headphones.

Hey Mike, my Equinox phones are doing the same thing. Probably going to open them up next week and see what is going on and maybe do a speaker mod? It may just be some wire corrosion at the speaker from sweat or beach hunting? An excal when the wires get some green they don't make good contact through the wound copper and pretty much sound the same way.

Mike i opened mine up and found the speaker magnet comes unglued. You should just be able to unsnap the earphone pad, remove the four screws, open the headphone, reinsert the magnet and apply some gorilla glue to hold it in. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 133
  • speaker1.jpg
    speaker1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 137
  • speaker2.jpg
    speaker2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom