Kay was Okay

So what you're saying is, cherry picking is a bad idea on the beach?

Dang man, that's an epic haul of gold for a single hunt!
Thanks LJS, Sorry, that is not what I meant. I just had problems identifying targets with the Nox in the black sand so I wound up digging everything anyway. I need to do more testing with the Nox in the highly mineralized sand if I want to effectively be selective on what I dig.
Just to be clear - the first pic is from one hunt. The second pic are finds from the entire week (plus 1 day).

now that is an impressive pile of gols. Must have had a blast. Congrats
Thanks Steve, Yes, that may have been my most fun and exciting week of detecting ever! :yes:

Excellent haul George! :clap:
Thanks Dave, I heard that you got in on the fun as well!

great hunt. Gotta make hay when the sun shines.
Thanks maxxkatt, Yes, so true!:yes:

Sweet finds , must have stired up the coast line with all that treasure , great job.:workforgold::gettinmoney::neat:
Thanks Earl, Just doing what I can to help save our beaches from gold contamination! ;)

Compass reply / Craig rules but drools

( Earl knows that I would never intentionally say anything to offend him...I may want to buy more of his equipment someday! ) George , Craig knows you got my pristeen DF , I think that got to him , because I won't sell him a scoop :shock::lol: , ya see I havn't hunted this season,- and he's calling me Gold Slumpy when I didn't hunt :yes: , F75, Deus 1 , Maybe CTX 3030 could sell , all pristeen , no scoops ! PS Craig I like George , how did you turn my post into evil :mad:

Attachments

• P1010636.jpg
    P1010636.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 93
Excellent, I for sure missed it , south of the border there are some awesome gold producing beaches with this type of K , but I was so busy I did not have the time to even scope them out, next hurricane I'll be all over it, best regards and congratulations.

Excellent, I for sure missed it , south of the border there are some awesome gold producing beaches with this type of K , but I was so busy I did not have the time to even scope them out, next hurricane I'll be all over it, best regards and congratulations.

Thanks Alex, I must have been at the right places at the right times because I have never found so many pieces of gold jewelry in such a short time. Luck was also a factor but I will say that I learned quite a bit this week about both my Equinox and TDI Beachhunter detectors. Good luck this season! :yes:

I come back from a foray in Nevada and see all hell broke loose on south facing SoCal beaches-maybe better results than a good winter storm.....great results George, you worked hard and earned what you got...

-Jerry

I come back from a foray in Nevada and see all hell broke loose on south facing SoCal beaches-maybe better results than a good winter storm.....great results George, you worked hard and earned what you got...

-Jerry
Thanks Jerry, Yes, I know the feeling to be out of town when Mother Nature decides to loosen her purse strings but, fortunately, I was on top of this one from the time that my surf reports from a couple weeks ago indicated that something big was possible. Still, you never know until you go and pretty much every time I went to the beach during the past week I didn't know what to expect - you know how quickly that purse can close back up. :yes:

.... you know how quickly that purse can close back up. :yes:

Yup. I've seen conditions so-thick that it seems like you never leave an area no bigger than your living room. With non-stop targets. Then you come back the next day, to the exact same spot, and : A foot or two of sand has come in, and there's total silence !

Yup. I've seen conditions so-thick that it seems like you never leave an area no bigger than your living room. With non-stop targets. Then you come back the next day, to the exact same spot, and : A foot or two of sand has come in, and there's total silence !
That is why I try to keep pushing even if I have already done well on a hunt. I think that some targets are only "findable" every so many years.

Daaaang man, you cleaned up!
Thanks Z, It was probably my most memorable week of detecting for a couple of reasons one being that I was able to get a couple of my close friends in on the fun. They are novice detectorists and they got to experience beach hunting at its best.

Very nice:cool: Right metal detector, right time and right place.
This forum needs up date. About easy to use "Smileys"
Thanks Hamid, You are correct! I used a couple of different detectors that week but did the best with my White's TDIBH. Even though I've had it for a couple years now I am just now learning to use it more effectively.

That is why I try to keep pushing even if I have already done well on a hunt. I think that some targets are only "findable" every so many years.

Thanks Z, It was probably my most memorable week of detecting for a couple of reasons one being that I was able to get a couple of my close friends in on the fun. They are novice detectorists and they got to experience beach hunting at its best.

Thanks Hamid, You are correct! I used a couple of different detectors that week but did the best with my White's TDIBH. Even though I've had it for a couple years now I am just now learning to use it more effectively.
You're most welcome :cool: All the best next hunts :wow:

Back
Top Bottom