Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 08-21-2019, 06:58 PM

Default Artifacts while detecting

While on a recent vacation and doing some detecting in my once hometown, I couldn’t resist the urge to hit an old honey hole for arrowheads and native artifacts from years ago. It paid off, in 30 minutes my wife had her first arrowhead, white quartz with a broken tail and I found an old Celt or axe head. Thought you may enjoy.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-22-2019, 07:56 AM
Supporter

Great finds for both of you!

Old 08-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Supporter

Dang those are sweet finds - around here, I feel anyway, I pick up something like that and I'd go to jail! Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's a CA thing, wouldn't surprise me.

Congrats, very cool finds!

EQX800, Dos Compadres : 2019 (Total (4/4/13 to date)) - Clad: $97.45 ($932.66), Silver coins: 15 (21), Wheats: 44 (91), Gold: 1 (25), Plat: 1 (1), .925 12 (71), Rings: 16 (204), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 09-02-2019, 12:22 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by GroundSweeper View post
Dang those are sweet finds - around here, I feel anyway, I pick up something like that and I'd go to jail! Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's a CA thing, wouldn't surprise me.

Congrats, very cool finds!
Depends on where you live and who owns the property. If there are human remains associated it is a no no here in Arkansas, unless you are the property owner or give written permission to the hunter. It is frowned upon by general society, and native american groups, but not by collectors in general. If on federal property, and no bones associated, then collect at your own risk, as it is up to the discretion of the property manager, ranger, etc. (who typically act like they own the property!). That is if they see you or hear of you collecting artifacts.