x-terra 705 vs mxt pro

sgtwilks

Forum Supporter
I went over my yard with the ace 250,fisher f2 and f4,fisher 1225x and whites mxt pro. There were no more digable tones in my yard.

I searched searched the same yard the same way with the x-terra 705 and this is what the other detectors missed.

This is more than ringy and king george find on their tv show. There has to be 20 bucks in clad and the red towel has what I found this morning in my front yead.

This is what you are missing with other detector makes you think!!

Attachments

• DSC00642.jpg
    DSC00642.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,055
  • DSC00643.jpg
    DSC00643.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,998
  • DSC00644.jpg
    DSC00644.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,989
So, the other 5 detectors mentioned, did not give any signs of these coins being there at all? Is that what I'm understanding?

So, the other 5 detectors mentioned, did not give any signs of these coins being there at all? Is that what I'm understanding?

There was so much iron and foil the other detectors could not find these coins. The 705 found all this in all metal mode at max setting.

Was the MXT Pro turned ON when you used it?

Yea I know there would be doubters. I have nothing to gain. The reason there is so much here is for 100 years there was a pig farm on my property and from the 70's to 2003 there were horseshoe and tennis matches here. There were weekend tennis matches here for 15 years. Here is a pic of my property.

Attachments

• DSC00640.jpg
    DSC00640.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,868
Ummm.... Ok if you say so....:tinfoilhat::rofl:

I understand your doubtful tone Jack. It is very well documented what I found on my 15 acres with the other detectors. I have many posts and spoke to people here about it. This is fact. Take it or leave it. Minelab is a better detector for the objects I found in the last 3 days.

I don't doubt you at all. I had a Gamma 6000 and a Garrett GTP 1350 before my current Xterra 70 and after going back over areas I had hunted with the Gamma and Garrett, the X70 found more coins that the other 2 had apparently missed.:grin:

Was the MXT Pro turned ON when you used it?

I am just reporting my finds and observations for the people here to make an educated decision on a detector. These stats are fact given the same circumstances you will find more also.

705 is an amazing machine ....I preach that machine to newbies and the ones who dont listen...well they will learn I guess. I sold mine for the Deus, but will be buying a new one again I think cause i loved it so much for tinkering around parks..but this time the 15 wot coil will be added!!

That is awesome! Congrats! I can't wait to get out with my new 705 this coming weekend. Happy Hunting

Get used to the detector. Then use 4 tone and all metal mode. Search hi tones for a while. Dig 30 to 46 tones and 8 to 24 but not on the first pass. I dig hi tones first then swing the same area from the other direction and dig low tones and pick up the hi tones now reveled. Good luck and register the warranty asap.

I will concede that if the MXT Pro was used with the 12" coil it would have a hard time with the trash. The 705 with a smaller coil would do better but that's not a fair comparison.

I will concede that if the MXT Pro was used with the 12" coil it would have a hard time with the trash. The 705 with a smaller coil would do better but that's not a fair comparison.

I used stock coils on both detectors. Yes the 12" coil on the mxt and the 9" concentric on the 705. The area has 100 years of foil ,iron and I dont know what. The minelab just sorted through it great.

Did you run the other units in all metal as well? A larger coil on any machine would have hard time would'nt they? Just asking. Cool finds by the way.

I was saying exactly the same thing with the 705. To really tweak you I've also posted about all the spots that I hunted to death with my 705 (with good success), then went back with my etrac and dug a lot more stuff with the etrac that the 705 missed.

I understand your doubtful tone Jack. It is very well documented what I found on my 15 acres with the other detectors. I have many posts and spoke to people here about it. This is fact. Take it or leave it. Minelab is a better detector for the objects I found in the last 3 days.

If you think you did good with that machine in iron then trade it for a At-Pro & then you'll see what a real machine can do...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom