My first Large Cent!

I took your pic and then did a color inversion and adjusted the contrast. What I see is an 1816 - the first second and fourth digits are clear enough - it's that third digit thaits touchy - to me it looks like a 1.

I took your pic and then did a color inversion and adjusted the contrast. What I see is an 1816 - the first second and fourth digits are clear enough - it's that third digit thaits touchy - to me it looks like a 1.

Thanks. And because of the other features of the coin, that 3rd number can only be a 1 or 2. And it definitely does not look like a 2.

Beauty! I imagine it is what it is (more cleaning will just remove detail, I suppose), but I'm going to leave it to Tom to tell you otherwise. Tom digs large cent every ten years and I am sure has learned the best processes!

EEEeeewwwooohhh, you just COULDN'T resist that. Eh wise guy ?? :sissyfight: :foottap:

Ok, just for that, I'm going to instruct Marcus118 on the proper way to clean those sissy east coast LC's :

Marcus, you Use a bench grinder, 30 grit sandpaper, and Ajax. Any other questions ? :?:

Sledgehammer has always served me well in cleaning up copper coins. Knocks off dirt like a charm if you give 'er a good whack. Bit of a tradeoff though, the price for a clean coin is a pancake. :lol:

Last edited:
Sledgehammer has always served me well in cleaning up copper coins. Knocks off dirt like a charm if give 'er a good whack. Bit of a tradeoff though, the price for a clean coin is a pancake. :lol:

Exactly ! Who needs those pesky LC's anyhow ? :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom